Wednesday, November 12, 2014

First Impressions: TARTE Maracuja Oil

Happy Hump Day Lovelies!
It has been quite awhile since I last did a First Impressions review..
Today, I decided to whip out my latest favourite skincare product to share with all of you.

Yes, it is none other than the Tarte Maracuja Oil!

Some months ago, I purchased the Tarte Maracuja Oil direct from Tarte's website, 
during a Friends' & Family Sale, where I had a 20-30% off. 
& I must say, it was the best purchase I have made this year!
Apart from the amazing 7 blushers that I bought, the Tarte Maracuja Oil was one of them. 

At that moment of time, I was a virgin oil user. 
Yes, like many, the thought of smearing oil on my face or body, disgusted me. 
I was never someone who went for greasy body lotions, despite how well they claim to nourish the skin.
All the more I wouldn't smear anything oily on my face. 
My skin profile however, is dry & dehydrated, but blessed with acne-free skin. 
So, oils would be perfect for me as they give the most intense form of hydration. 
So I took a dive and bought it, (the full size of 100ml) at a whopping price of SGD$70.

What exactly is the Maracuja Oil anyway?
The Maracuja fruit is also called the Passion fruit. 
The Maracuja oil is harvested from the seeds of the Passion fruit, and is often then hand pressed, 
without the use of heat, to prevent the loss of fatty acids & vitamins. 
Marcuja Oil has been known to replenish, rebuild & brighten skin.
The nutrient-rich essential fatty acids, help to repair & rejuvenate our skin, to achieve a firmer & more supple complexion. 
While the moisture rich formula hydrates & replenishes the skin, 
* Did I also mention that the Maracuja Oil also provides anti aging properties?*

Well, with all that, it ticks everything off my check list!

Busting the Myths of Facial Oils!
However, many people with combination & oily skin are afraid to use oil on their face.
They have this idea that applying oils on their already oily faces, would cause them to have more clogged pores or acne breakouts. 
This is in fact, wrong. 

In the recent years, many dermatologists & skincare experts,
have suggested the use of facial oils on even the most oily of complexions. 
This is also described as fighting oil, with oil. 

Fight oil with oil: The oil your skin produces is much different than the pure plant oils in a facial product. Your skin starts pumping out sebum (the stuff that clogs pores and causes breakouts) when its oil content isn't balanced. So if you strip your skin's natural oils by over-cleansing, your body will actually produce more oil to compensate. But a quality face oil will replenish your skin with the essential fatty acids and moisture it needs. When balance is restored those overactive sebaceous glands take a breather, leaving skin healthier and clearer.

The Final Review!
Other than the fact that the Tarte's Maracuja Oil is stored in a fancy purple glass bottle, 
this product brings nothing more than just benefits.

The bottle houses a dropper that picks up just the right amount of product. 
All you need is about 2 to 3 drops of the oil for the entire face, neck & decollete.
*Remember to warm the product between your hands, for more effective absorption into the skin.

The oil has a slight musky & nutty smell which is not overwhelming at all.
Rather, I feel it has a pretty relaxing effect on me. 
The oil however, is slightly greasy at the start but it sinks in within the next few minutes-
giving more reasons to love it. 
There is a very slight oily & tacky feeling to the skin, but just think of all the benefits.


I love how the Maracuja oil does wonders to my skin. 
After cleansing, toning & applying a serum, I pat the oil onto my face, and then catch up on my beauty rest. 
The next morning, I am awoken to the most supple, moisturised & hydrated looking skin, 
that is just glowing from within. 
I am not kidding you. 
The skin is baby smooth and just oh so supple. 
It literally bounces with every touch of my finger. 

Therefore, you can tell how much I love this product after my first try. 
I have since replaced it with my night creams, or night masks. 
Sometimes, I even apply it hours after I have done my evening skincare routine, 
to give my night mask or moisturiser the extra oomph.

For those who would love to enjoy the various benefits that I have mentioned above, 
Tarte does international shipping, including to Singapore!
Sephora Singapore might have this product on their Tarte shelves. 
(Not too sure about SG.)

That is all for my First Impressions on the Tarte Maracuja Oil.
Stay tuned for my blog post in the upcoming weeks about the usage of facial oils, 
& their many benefits to our skin. 

xoxo, @clarabeltan 


No comments:

Post a Comment