Friday, January 17, 2014

A visit to Toby's (The Dessert Asylum)

I'm back!
I have been saying that I wanted to do a few reviews on food and have never got to doing it.
So here I am, since I'm a little more free on this beautiful Friday. TGIF!
So anyway, I was invited by Toby's to go down to visit their fabulous restaurant that serves awesome food and desserts.
As you see from their name, "The Dessert Asylum",
you can expect yourself to go crazy over the tens of dessert options they are serving.
And mind you, I'm not talking about BORING desserts like ice-cream or waffles only..
They have a huge array of desserts like the mud-pies, brownies, leaning towers, pancakes, coolers and many dessert concoctions I have never seen before in my entire life!
So imagine how GAGA I was when I saw the whole list of desserts menu.
I admit,
I'm a sweet tooth kinda girl, and having desserts after a good meal really hits the spot!
Toby's has been around for about 4+years, and this has not been my first visit.
Prior to that, I have dined here a couple of times, especially when they first opened.
Nestled in the corner of Level 2 Parkway, Toby's is a simple and unpretentious restaurant suitable for small idle chats with your besties/mates, or a simple date with your other half.
The price range here is safe for your wallets and satisfying for the tummies!

They are just located on Level 2 next to ISETAN.


What I like about this place is simply its comfy, and well litted.
Eating at a place like this makes me feel happy.




What's most awesome is they even have a student meal promo going a $6.90.
How thoughtful is that? :)


So anyway, I went during lunch and had a good hearty meal & started with my favourite
SMOKED SALMON SALAD!


I chose the simplest vinegar sauce to go with this healthy crunchy starter.
And I was blown away by the freshness of the Vegetables & the tangy taste of the Vinegar.


I had Earl Grey Tea since it was brunch time (:

This is the spicy wings I absolutely love!
Spicy & tangy at the same time.


This is their baked lasagna.
Nothing fancy but comes with the focaccia bread for you to dip with the sauce,
So yummy


And lastly the Raspberry Lava Cake.
I'm a huge fan of lava cakes! & this combination of raspberry sauce and lava cake is the bomb!
The lava cake is soft and warm on the outside, and once cut, the warm dark chocolate oozes out from within. What luxury!
(I'm salivating while typing this.. Damn!)

Anyway Toby's love to do promotions and all, even on their wines etc.
So do add them on their Facebook to be informed of their festive lunches or dinner meals,
and also their 3 course meals!
Come head on down to try their mains and desserts today!
Will not regret (:

Toby's The Dessert Asylum
63462435

Mon - Fri: 11:30 - 21:30
Sat - Sun: 10:00 - 21:30






No comments:

Post a Comment