Friday, August 8, 2014

July Skincare Favourites (2014)!

Hello August!
Ok, I'm 8 days late for this post, but if you follow me on Instagram,
you would have seen a short review & a snippet of what I have been loving in the month of July.
I'm churning this post out at 8am in the morning, with no sleep...
& I just got back from work.
So here I am, with a tummy filled with a good breakfast & my Teh-Bing infront of me!
So... Let's get cracking!! (:
So this picture was up on my Instagram just days back!
*PS: If you are not following me on Instagram yet, please do!!
@clarabeltan

And so here's the list of my favourite skincare products for July!

1. SK-II Facial Treatment Essence (330ml)
2. SK-II Facial Treatment Gentle Cleanser (120ml)
3. Laroche Posay Thermal Water (300ml)
4. Glamglow Thirsty Mud
5. Glamglow Youth Mud
6. Loccitane Precious Balm Face Cream/ Moisturiser
7. Loccitane Precious Balm Eye Cream
8. The Body Shop Moringa Body Butter
9. First Aid Beauty Oatmeal Recovery Mask
10. Caudalie Beauty Elixir (30ml)
11. Beauty Direct White Label Placenta Mask
12. Shiseido Aqualabel 4-in-1 Whitening Jelly Essence
13. Clarisonic Mia 2

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Let's go in depth...


1. SK-II Facial Treatment Essence

I have been using this baby for months (6-9months) & I would say I have been loving it.
*I'm at my 2nd bottle, & have got another 330ml as backup!!*

Something about it makes it stand out from the rest of the toners I own.
For those who tried it, they either LOVE it or HATE it.
For me, I LOVE IT! 
I know people hate the FTE because of its hefty price tag!
A 220ml bottle could set you back about SGD $200+, but I bought my 330ml at only $220.

It did take me about 3 months to notice the difference on my skin.
& this product was badly missed when I went to Europe without it..
When I was there, I felt my skin was just off form.
It was dry, and problematic..
And whatever that I applied on my skin without the FTE applied, didn't absorb well.
And I credited that to the absence of the SK-II FTE.

After cleansing, I will use a cotton wool to swipe on some FTE.
I love how my skin feels fresh, clean, and just READY for my skincare or beauty products.
It hydrates subtly, & I just really like how my skin feels fresh, awake & just comfortable.
I don't like toners that dry out my skin, or leaves a tacky/greasy/oily feel.
So SK-II was perfect. Subtle hydration, and I emphasise on the clean & fresh feel!
& it does seem like my products in the later part of my skincare regime just seems to absorb better.
And when used before makeup, my skin feels well prepared & products glide on easily.


2. SK-II Facial Treatment Gentle Cleanser

I have recently started using more SK-II after enjoying the FTE so much.
So I tried the SK-II cleanser.
What drawed me in was the word "gentle".

Here's my skin profile: Dry, Sensitive & easily irritable.

I have been using this for about 3months, and I am almost done with my first tube.
*I have a backup ready in my stash!*
I guess, that is how much I love this cleanser.

It is pretty lightweight, does not lather up into foam or bubbles.
It is really really gentle, like massaging your face with the softest silk in the world.
I would say it does not remove makeup like some stronger cleansers do.
But it freshens up the skin, hydrates it & just like the FTE, it works so well for me!

After cleansing, my skin is soft, supple, clean & fresh.
Yes, like how we all love fresh linens, I love feeling fresh..
Especially after a day of full makeup on!





3. Laroche Posay Thermal Water

I officially go through this faster than anything else in the world.
I am in my 5th bottle now (?) & have 1 spare left & I have been enjoying this for about 6months.
I have tried other Thermal Sprays like the Evian one, but I feel the Laroche Posay is the best!
The nozzle on the spray itself is fantastic! Gives a good distribution of liquid..
& I use this after cleansing my face.
After giving my neck & face area a good spritz, my skin feels hydrated & less irritable.
I think this is what is keeping my irritations down.

If you have not tried this, please run to your nearest pharmacy & give it a try.

Don't expect whitening, intense hydrating results..
But just how it makes your skin feel better...







4. Glamglow Thirsty Mud
5. Glamglow Youth Mud

I cannot emphasise enough on my love for the Glamglow brand.
This stuff works. VERY WELL.
*** Refer to my previous 2 posts on Glamglow & why I love them.

* I am already on my 2nd bottle of Glamglow Youth Mud.
& I really can't do without it.
One sentence, "It gives me "new" skin every week."




6. Locittane Precious Balm Face Cream
7. Loccitane Precious Balm Eye Cream

This 2 babies were first introduced to my skincare routine while I was in Europe for my graduation trip.
I love how intensely moisturizing this feels on my skin.
The creams are slightly heavier in consistency when you first look at it..
But when you smooth it out, it feels like a very lightweight silk layer on your skin.
Luxurious feeling, super moisturizing..
It is my go to for dry skin days, and when I just need a moisturizer that I trust & can rely on.

The eye cream is moisturizing, yet lightweight, and suitable for underneath any eye makeup.
It does not cause creasing in my concealer etc.
Perfect product to use to protect your delicate under eye area.





8. The Body Shop Moringa Body Butter

Another good find while I was in Europe, or more specifically I bought this when I was transitting in Dubai airport.
It comes in a set of 4 different flavours, and I am just done with the Moringa one.
It smells amazing! Clean, lightly floral & just moisturizing.
It is however more suited for your evening/night time skincare routine as it does feel tacky.
Not suitable for a day time out & about kind of body moisturizer.
* The Body Shop products never disappoint!




9. First Aid Beauty Oatmeal Recovery Mask

Also on my 2nd tube, this is my favourite when my skin feels off form.
It nourishes well, hydrates & soothes my skin.
The texture of the product was a little intimidating at first, as it really has oatmeal bits in it.
Something like slapping some oatmeal breakfast paste on your skin.

But after leaving it on for about 10mins & washing it off after,
the results are worth it.
Skin is plump, hydrated, nourished & just supple.

* This product specifically however, is not available in Singapore or Sephora Singapore.
So, the only option is to get it online & ship it here from websites like Beauty.com or Beautybay.com
You can also see my review on this product in the previous posts.




10. Caudalie Beauty Elixir

I am surprised this product even made it to my Favourites as I hated the smell at first.
Everyone was raving about this on Youtube & blogs & Instagram..
& my close friend Samantha introduced this to me prior to my Europe trip.
We were at Sephora during the 20% sale, and she was like "I have to get this! You too!"
I took a whiff, and was so horrified at how it smells like our Chinese medicated oil.
& yes, I didn't get it at all.

Then we both went to Europe for 2 weeks & she bought hers in Paris & after thinking about it long & hard, I bought 2. Just well, cos the price wasn't as hefty.
It is afterall a French product, so it was cheaper when we got it in Paris.

& now I regret not buying more, or getting the bigger bottle.

There is something about this beauty elixir.
I haven't seen any visible results, but I like how it makes my skin feel good.
It does contain alcohol, which makes spritzing it on my skin, a joy..
Since the weather in Singapore is so bloody warm.
But it is just how it does not leave any weird tackiness or grease or anything on the skin.
Just cool & refreshed.

Try this if you haven't & share your thoughts with me.
I want to know if I'm the only weirdo using this that cannot put my finger to why I love it.




11. Beauty Direct White Label Placenta Mask

Simply my fuss free favourite masks to use.
I use this before an important event or date or whatsoever.
& it plumps, hydrates & whitens your skin tone.
& best of all, you only need 30 seconds of this on your face.

Can I say more about how fuss free & easy to use this is?
* Read my previous posts for a more in depth review.





12. Shiseido Aqualabel 4-in-1 Whitening Jelly Lotion

Yes, 4 in 1, you read it right.
This product can be used as a toner, serum, lotion & astringent,
depending on the placement in your skincare routine.
I usually use this on days where I don't feel like using my SK-II.
It has a cooling refreshing, minty feel on the skin, which makes it super comfortable on warm days.
For whitening wise, I have not seen any visible results, but I did feel more moisturized after  using it.
However, I do not suggest people with oily skin to use this as a moisturizer etc,
as I find it a little too tacky and sticky.





13. Clarisonic Mia 2

My baby for a year now!
I have been loving this as it really helps to clean my face especially after hours of thick makeup on.
Even after using a cleansing makeup wipe, & then lathering on my cleanser,
nothing feels better & cleans better than adding this extra step.

Skin literally feels clean!
I don't even feel any dirt or any remnants of my makeup on my face after using this.
It is a worthy investment that will really change up your skin.

If you are someone who is suffering from clogged pores, whiteheads, blackheads, pimples..
You have to use this!!
Cos I swear this thing works!
A clean skin is more important than anything in a skincare regime.

What is the point of lathering on the most expensive serums & masks, when your pores are just clogged & will not absorb any product!
Instead.. applying any product on such skin would only make things worse.

So, invest in this. A must!


That is all for now!
I know it is a really long wordy posts.
So if you read all the way till this part, thank you & I love you!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment