Friday, August 29, 2014

Malacca 2D1N Tour with TIN bloggers!

Last weekend, I went on a short 2D1N trip with the other 16 bloggers from TIN!
We went to Malacca for work, but well..
I did enjoy myself very much though the trip was brief & our schedule was pretty packed.

It was my virgin trip to Malacca  & I didn't know what to expect...
Except for the food feasts which Malacca is renowned for!
I'm pretty much a mountain turtle when it comes to travelling, especially to nearby countries like Malaysia.
Believe it or not, I have only been to Penang & Genting prior to this trip..
Reason being,
my overprotective mother strongly believes that Malaysia is too big & dangerous for a girl like me.
So pretty much, I wasn't allowed to travel to JB or even KL with my friends for food/supper
or just a shopping trip.

& I know I am missing out on all the good food like Lok Lok & Abalone noodles etc.
Maybe, I should finally defy her for once & sneak to both JB & KL soon!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Back to business >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We went to Malacca on an invite from Julie's, which is formally known as Perfect Food Manufacturing.
Ellice was our amazing tour guide for this trip..
& I honestly can't express how much I am thankful for her bringing us around,
and making sure we were alright and comfortable throughout the whole trip.
She really made us feel not only at home, but also very warmly welcomed.
So if you are reading this Ellice, thank you so much for being our older sister/ kak kak.

DAY 1!

I met up with the bloggers & Ellice at Golden Mile at 8am in the morning.
I had a shitty Friday night due to personal reasons, and was up the whole night, being emotional & pathetic.
So I was down with sore and puffy eyes, no sleep & well, upset with the world.
But this trip really came at the right time I guess..
A trip to relax myself, have some fun & explore new surroundings.

The coach ride was about 4 hours long, with a lot of waiting time in the middle because of customs etc,
but we finally got to our destination in Malacca.
We first alighted at Alor Gajah where the Julie's factory was for our tour.
*This part would be a separate blog post*


After the factory tour, we went for dinner with the CEO of Julie's & some of their staff.

Restoran Nyonya Makko
No. 123Melaka 75000Malaysia
+60 6-284 0737

Like it's name suggest, this restaurant that we went to was an authentic Peranakan restaurant. 
Being a Peranakan myself, I was over the moon that we were here!
Apparently this restaurant is one of the most famous ones in Malacca, 
and upon checking, they are rated 4 stars on Google!

The dishes.. 







The dishes.. 
There were more, but I think we all got too hungry to wait for more dishes to be up, 
before we tucked in. 
*oops!*
My ultimate favourite would be the Lady's Finger cooked with Sambal & lime. 
(Not in the picture, but was in my tummy!)

This restaurant is a definite must visit for the awesome and authentic Peranakan food..

&&&&& 
The Chendol was HEAVENLY!!!

I'm not a fan of ice shaved desserts, but this dessert was so good, I had problem stopping myself from eating more than 1 serving by myself. 
The ingredients were so fresh, and real.. 
Like there was no artificial taste in the dessert.
& the red beans in it were just so yummy..
Ok, enough talk about it before I get hungry again!

After dinner, we went to Jonker Street/ Jonker Market to have a short night walk. 
& I honestly love the sights there.
It was bright, with crowds of people, music & it was just the kind of night market I love to be at.

Trishaws with pretty lights & designs.
Some even had Hello Kitty on them..



The night market itself..

Celine & I on the trishaw. 
We didn't take this trishaw anywhere.. 
Rather I paid the old man RM20 cos I felt he was quite pitiful as he owned a smaller & less attractive trishaw.
& all I could think was how he would not be able to get as much business as the rest.
So well, I gave him 20 dollars to make his day, but in a less "I pity you" manner.
Hope it made his day better..

& then we headed back home!
Julie's was nice enough to host us at one of their properties called,
One Residences.
& this was how the place looked like. 

It was spacious, like a terrace sized house in Singapore, 
double-storeyed & with 4 rooms.
It was honestly way better than what I expected. 
So thank you Julie's once again for the accommodation.

Celine, Cheow Yi, Angeline & I shared a house with Katty (our guardian angel from Julie's).
& I was sharing a room with Angeline. 
Both of us had so much fun chatting & bitching before we fell asleep at 1am. 


DAY 2!

Meeting time for breakfast was at 830am in the morning, but as vainpots, 
Angeline & I both woke up super early to shower, prepare & do our make up. 
We were pretty fast & efficient and even had time to take some selfies & even some #ootd in the back alley!

My simple makeup of the day!

This was a candid shot cos I was trying to act cool,
but Angeline was trying to make me laugh.
The picture turned out great though!

Back alley #ootds credit to the amazing Celine @secretnudges!

& it was time for some breakfast!!!
We were all starving for some weird reason, especially me. 
The moment I opened my eyes when I woke up. 
My stomach growled.. 
Sometimes I don't know how & even why that happens..

We went to Toast 'n' Toast, which is something like our Ya Kun & Old Town Coffee etc.
But this was way way better. 
The menu was so extensive & honestly, like the wall decal below suggested, 
this place is suitable for breakfast, lunch & dinner!

245 Jalan Melaka Raya 1 (Jalan Melaka Raya)
75000 Melaka, Melaka.


Celine, Cheow Yi, Ellice, Me, & Angeline


& food, glorious food...







& a nice group photo!



We then headed to some tourist attractions like the Christ Church, Dutch Square, St. Paul's Church & A' Famousa. 
The sights were pretty amazing & we took some beautiful pictures!


Cheow Yi, Celine, Angeline & I.


The 4 vainpots!






We finally headed to our last stop, after climbing up & down steps to get to the attractions.
& it was lunch time!
So what is Malacca without their chicken rice balls?!

We visited Ee Ji Ban, which honestly sounds like our Ichiban.
And they are supposedly very famous!







275 Jalan Melaka Raya 3 (Taman Melaka Raya)
  1.  75000 Melaka, Malaysia

  2. Tel:+60 16-366 5220

I would say that I found the chicken rice balls to be so so, 
and felt that our Boon Tong Kee rice smelled more fragrant. 
But, it is always good to try a different style of cooking etc. 
& what's more chicken rice rolled into balls that look like fishballs itself?
Something new..


That was all for the trip & I would be blogging a Part 2 for the factory tour!
So stay tuned & have a good weekend ahead! 

xoxo, 
@clarabeltan


* PICTURE CREDITS: William @william82sg & Angeline @xoangeline



















No comments:

Post a Comment