Tuesday, October 7, 2014

September Beauty Favourites 2014!

Happy Tuesday everyone!

I know I am a week late on my September favourites, 
BUT, better late than never!
& I'm sorry for skipping the post on Monday,
as well it was a public holiday & I felt I deserved a little break! :D

Last month, I did my August favourites separately.. 
Beauty & Makeup favourites. 
However, since I don't have many beauty favourites that are new. 
I decided to combine them together..

(Hope you guys don't mind, but I promise October favourites will be epic!)

Let's cut to the chase, & just jump right in! 


BEAUTY & SKINCARE FAVOURITES!

This month's beauty/ skincare favourites are pretty simple.
I've been loving a lot of products in the past few months..
But of course, 
I try not to repeat myself & thus here are the newer favourites of the September month!




  Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Gel Mask 

This is the first product that I bought from the brand, Peter Thomas Roth.
Available at Sephora, this brand is a huge hit with the US & UK Bloggers.
& I knew I had to grab it and try it out after my favoourite Youtubers started raving about this.

Months ago, this product was up on my Monthly Favourites, 
but I have neglected it for a bit while I was trying out other products..
So upon revisiting this amazing mask, which I usually use it as an overnight mask, 
I rediscovered why I love it. 

This mask is one of my go-tos if my skin is feeling dry/dehydrated & lackluster.
With Rose Stem Cell properties, this mask is not only perfect for the hydration boost, 
it also provides anti-ageing properties. 

Yes, I'm not 25 or in my late 20s or 30s. 
But one can never start too early when it comes to fighting against time & gravity!

The anti-ageing properties in this mask is pretty mild, and thus this mask is suitable for everyday use.
For those that have a night time regime that you still want to stick to,
this mask can be applied on for 20 minutes before washing it off. 

For intense hydration, this mask can be used overnight, everyday. 




Origins Drink-Up Intensive Overnight Mask 

The Origins Drink-Up Intensive Overnight Mask, 
was recently featured on my First Impressions.
For those who have not read it, and are interested, feel free to click on the link above.

What I love about this mask, is the fact that it really hydrates & keeps skin supple.
For those of you that snooze in rooms with the air-con on, 
I suggest an overnight mask with hydrating properties.
It will help to moisturise the skin overnight, leaving skin supple, hydrated & fresh the next morning. 

I would say this Origins mask is a close dupe to the Glamglow Thirsty Mud. 
But with a smaller price tag. 
This Origins mask retails around SGD$50 while the Glamglow retails at SGD$90. 

For those looking for a good hydrating overnight mask for the last step of your night time regime,
try out the Peter Thomas Roth or Origins Drink-Up Intensive Mask!




 Tarte Maracuja C-brighter Eye Treatment

The Tarte Maracuja Eye cream was a recent buy some months back during the Tarte Friends & Family sale. 
I have not read many reviews on this product, and I feel that it is such a shame..
This eye cream is just plain amazing!! 

The Maracuja line is Tarte's signature.
They are famous for the Maracuja Oil which has many beneficial properties.
Upon some research, I discovered that the Maracuja oil comes from the Passionfruit!

The eye cream is infused with Vitamin C, which is proven to help brighten dark circles. 
Totally up my alley, since I've got horrible panda eyes. 
Also, this eye cream visibly hydrates & lifts the delicate eye area.
I love that the eye cream is potent yet light & super hydrating, 
perfect for application before makeup.

What I love about Tarte is the fact that they use many beneficial natural products.
Tarte's makeup products all consist of the Amazonian Clay,
which means makeup with skincare benefits!

Those who have not tried out this brand, feel free to head down to Sephora.
I have their blushers which are of amazing quality & last for more than 12 hours on the skin.
Also, their creaseless concealer is another product to look out for!



MAKEUP FAVOURITES!
 Simple makeup favourites of the month!
I've been loving mostly new stuff instead of old ones this month.
& I've been playing with eye shadows more nowadays, than ever in my life!



Urban Decay Setting Spray (All Nighter & Cooling and Hydrating)

I've been an avid fan of the Urban Decay brand, and I must say I love their setting sprays.
I don't use powders like most of my beauty blogger friends do, 
as I find that they look a little cakey and powdery on the skin.
I am instead someone who loves my skin looking glowy, dewy & healthy.
Therefore this spray is perfect. 

After applying your makeup, hold the spritz slightly away from your face.
Close your eyes & just spritz it in a T shape, across the forehead, done the centre of your face,
& your cheek area. 
This setting sprays helps your foundation to stay on, even through a whole day or night out.
& best of all, it doens't transfer. 
(But note, do not touch your face before it dries!!)


Beauty Blender Original (Pink) & Beauty Blender Pro (Black)

In my opinion, this is the best invented & patented makeup product.
Yes, it is just a makeup sponge.
BUT something about the texture of the product, 
how it holds liquids & blends out your foundation flawlessly... 
I just simple can't do without this product. 
*** USE THE SPONGE WET, NEVER USE IT DRY ***

The sponge is a pricey investment, at SGD$50 per piece, 
but slightly cheaper if you buy the duo pack. 
However, this sponge is reusable & washable so fret not, you can use it repeatedly. 

Washing Instructions:
Just simply pop it in a bowl of water, and into the microwave for 30 secs at high temperature,
to kill bacteria first.
Then using a sponge or makeup brush cleaner, rinse it till it is clean. 
* Use the Beauty Blender brand of Soap or Cleanser for a better wash. 


The beauty blender is used to apply foundation. 
Just dab spots of foundation all over the face, and then bounce the beauty blender on your face, 
while blending it out. 
Using the smaller pointed tip of the beauty blender, you can cover areas like around the nose & under the eyes easily. 
I even use the beauty blender to blend out my concealers!
And TA-DAH!
You'd get a perfect flawless, crease-less complexion!!




NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard

My holy grail concealer. 
The perfect coverage for my undereye area, and best of all it gives a good highlight to the face.
Also, this product does not crease, or disappears after a long day etc. 
Being creamy, it does not dry up the delicate eye area. 
The perfect concealer that has great texture, coverage & colour/highlight!
Holy Grail Status!!

However for those residing in Singapore, this product is flying off shelves at NARS counters.
Especially the colour, Custard. 
So if you do see it in SG, please grab it. 
& if you can't find it, try overseas counters like KL etc. 
I got my first tube in Venice, & the second tube in KL. 



NARS Blusher in Super Orgasm


To makeup junkies, this product needs no introduction. 
Orgasm blush (yes the name is a little kinky) is a cult favourite loved by many!
I got myself the Super Orgasm instead, and the Orgasm Multiple Stick in a good deal months back!

Super Orgasm has a nice peachy pink shade to it with loads of glitter.
However, it looks super glittery in the pan, but when applied on the cheeks, 
the glitter does not show up as big chunks of glitter, making you look like a disco ball.
However, it gives a nice radiant glow that just is the most beautiful flush I have ever seen.

However I did realised that with this product, I could only use a light hand, and a less dense brush,
to achieve the perfect radiant blush. 
When applied with a dense brush etc, the brush picks up too much product,
thus causing the cheeks to look heavily pink & just all too much. 

So remember, light hand, less dense brush!!




Milani Lumino Blush

Nothing more to say other than the "Perfect sheen to the Cheeks".
A drugstore product like this, needs loads of love!!
I love the fact it gives you the perfect flush. 
No glitter, but just a sheen, with a peachy pink base. 
The perfect colour for all skin shades!

Milani has been around for ages, however it is sadly not available in SG. 
For those interested, consider finding them on Carousell or buy and ship it from online. 
Beauty.com has it, and shipping with Vpost or Comgateway is pretty easy & fuss free!!



MAC Prep & Prime, Vibrancy Eye Primer

My one and only under eye primer that I use. 
I know some people out there use their eye shadow/ eyelid primer for the under eye area too.
However, that is too heavy and harsh for the delicate eye area. 
Try using the MAC Prep & Prime. 
They have 2 versions to it, and I got the Vibrancy one, which helps to brighten the under eye area.
This primer helps to prevent creasing, 
and also prevents the concealer from settling into fine lines. 

Our face needs a primer before foundation is applied. 
Our eyelids too. 
So don't forget your under eye area!!



Becca Cosmetics Rejuvenating Primer (Hydrates & Lifts)

My all time go to face primer/base. 
I love how when this primer is applied, the skin feels smooth, supple, hydrated & cooling.
Yes, it leaves a cooling feel to the skin.
Perfect for tropical countries like Singapore where it is hot all year round. 
& this product even hydrates & lifts the skin! 
What more can I ask? I always love makeup products with skincare benefits!

* Becca cosmetics is however not available in Singapore. 
Shipping options are available from their website, or the Sephora US website.
Got this as a gift from the beloved Vinna (@vinvola).
Will try to get another tube before my 1st bottle runs out!! 




Sleek Eyeshadow Palettes (Vintage Romance & Au Natural) 

This 2 are my favourite go to everyday palettes.
They have a nice selection of neutrals & also pinks & purples that are suitable since Fall is here. 

Sleek Eye Shadows in my opinion are very affordable and they honestly out do their value. 
As affordable as they are, they are definitely not shitty unpigmented eye shadows. 
They are the total opposite. 
Pigmented, Easy to apply, Blendable & the colour selection is pretty out of this world. 
That is why I got 8 palettes from their brand & if you are on my Instagram, 
you would have seen this: 


Sleek Makeup is available on Luxola SG at an affordable price of SGD$20. 
So don't miss it!


That is all for my September Favourites!
Stay tuned for my October Favourites, cos I have many new products ready to be used!!
I promise it will be a bigger one than the past few months!


Till then, xoxo
@clarabeltan


2 comments:

  1. I really like the way you have written about beauty products. If you are an expat and plan on moving to Singapore, you may want to check out www.placematch.sg. I found it to be very useful in finding a place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear. Thanks for the compliment.
      However I am born & bred in Singapore.

      xoxo

      Delete