Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Makeup Tips & Tricks for everybody!

Every once in a while, I would Google this title, "Makeup Tips & Tricks". 
& it is always surprising to find out how many more tips & tricks are out there, that I myself do not know.
Yes, some tips or tricks that works for some, well, don't really work for me..
But I am always on the lookout to find out more of such to better myself & my makeup application.
Who doesn't want to make our lives easier when we apply our makeup? 
OR Who doesn't want to be prettier? 

So I decided to compile a few of the makeup tips & tricks that actually works for me, 
and maybe it will for you too! 
*Cross fingers*


All About those Eyes!


Though cliche, Eyes are really the windows to our soul.
It is the one thing we are drawn to look at.. 
So taking extra steps to make sure you have beautiful peepers that are awake, fresh & beautiful is definitely necessary. 

For me, I can literally leave my house if my eyebags & dark eye circles are well concealed. 
& maybe a coat of mascara wouldn't hurt anyone. 

1. Line your upper water line to look awake & focused. 

This point over here is a tried & tested by me. 
I totally swear by this!
If i had only 5 minutes to do my makeup before rushing out the door, this is a must!
Let me show you some pictures in which I did not do any eyeliner or cat eye look, 
BUT just lining my upper water line with black kohl eyeliner. 





Lining your upper waterline will also make your eyelashes look fuller and more voluminous. 

Recommended products: Black Kohl Pencil Liners
*Waterproof ones would be a better option


2. Apply mascara in a zigzag motion, focusing on achieving volume at the roots

Lashes should look thicker at the roots, and less at the ends to mimicc natural lashes.
Zig Zag motion to brush and fan out lashes!



Recommended products: 
- Model Co Fat Lash 

- Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes
(picture attached below)



- Maybelline Falsies. 

* Do note that mascaras should not be kept for more than 3 months, as bacteria infestation easily occurs in the tube.
For best non flaky and consistent texture of results, a below one month old mascara would be the best!

****& always use a eyelash curler, unless you've gotten your eyelashes permed..
To achieve that wide eye doled look. 


3. Line your lower lash line & inner tear duct area with white/bright eyeshadow or liners

This has always been a favourite among my girlfriends, 
and even many KPOP female artistes are using this trick to make their eyes look more awake, 
bigger, brighter and even more innocent. 



If you think lining it with white seems a little harsh, try nude or champagne nude colours for a more natural touch to the eyes. 


4. Find a concealer which is 1 to 2 shades lighter than your foundation shade

This would give the eyes more life, and brighten the whole eye area. 


It will look something like what Shaaanxo always does!

&&&& most importantly, apply concealer in an inverted triangle form like this, 
instead of a patch to avoid looking like you got punched, but with white flour etc. 
*This also helps brighten up the whole face!


All about achieving that Flawless Base!

Good skin, is better than a fully made up face with patches, discolouration or just bumps etc. 
Achieving the flawless base is difficult. 
Because it involves choosing the right shades, right texture and formula of the foundation & 
even the right application. 
*This would span a whole post on its own*

But here are some ways that I go about doing my everyday foundation. 

*Use a BRUSH to apply your foundation if you want a medium to fuller coverage.

*Use your FINGERS for a more natural coverage. 

*Use a BeautyBlender to achieve a flawless & airbrush look!
I personally love this!!!
You can easily get this from Sephora, Sasa, BHG & Luxola.

*I usually use my fingers first then a beautyblender, as I feel that with the warmth of my fingertips, the product gets heated up & will adhere to my skin better. 
Which makes it less patchy etc. 

&&& remember, sometimes less is really more. 
Avoid layering products too much as it will result in a cakey appearance. 


FAKE THAT MODEL LOOK-A-LIKE FACE!

The secret to having a model like face, since many of us are not blessed with perfect features like how some of them are, is to contour & highlight your face!
Contouring is usually done with a matte/shimmer brown powder, 
while highlighting can be done with a concealer that is lighter than your skintone, or just something shimmery!

Follow this face chart on where and how it should be done!
& remmeber, BLEND IT OUT! 
There should be no harsh lines on your face, unless well, you want to look like a clown..



& here's some before & afters. 
For me, I don't usually contour my face, other than my nose..
Cos well, I'm a little lazy for that. 




So here are some makeup tips & tricks that we should know, 
to improve our makeup skills or just to simply look better, even with light makeup!

xoxo
Will update another series soon.. 


Follow me on Instagram @clarabeltan,
for more updated day to day feeds!!

















No comments:

Post a Comment