Friday, November 28, 2014

The Dark Side for Fall.

I hope my blog title isn't too dark or devilish, 
cos I was just talking about my current obsession with darker lip shades for the Fall season. 
Though we don't have much of Fall and Winter to talk about in Singapore.. 
I still love putting on a vampy or bolder shade on my lips, towards the end of an amazing year. 


Wonder what colour & brand I've been loving in the past few weeks?
Then, read on... 

#1. NARS Pure Matt Lipstick in Amsterdam + NYX lipstick in Chic Red  Rouge Chic 

This has been my ultimate rocker chic or bad ass lip combo since Halloween,
& this was what made me go dark. 
Real. Dark. 



NARS Pure Matt Lipstick in Amsterdam is a really true dark, warm, brownish red. 
It was launched in the Fall 2012 Nars collection, but came to me as a gift. 
The first time I saw it, I was totally thinking how I would never wear a shade like this,
or manage to pull it off somehow. 
To make things worse, the word "matte" didn't make it better. 
I can simple say that at that time period, I was traumatised from horribile matte lipsticks,
that dry your lips out & was just a torture keeping it on. 

BUT, Amsterdam was different from all other matte lipsticks.
The creamy texture and formula, made it so easy to apply. 
Though it isn't totally light on the lips, the wear was comfortable, & mind you, 
it lasted for hours & hours, even after talking & drinking & partying the night away. 
Best of all, there was no bleeding, & the fading though minimal, was nothing but beautiful. 


I added the NYX Chic Red lipstick on top of the NARS Amsterdam, 
to add a brighter & redder tint to the lips.
The NYX lipstick in Chic Red is a true bright red that is not too over the top.
It glides on smoothly, and stays well on top of the matte lipstick. 

& boy, did I receive so many compliments for my choice of lip colours, 
especially by beauty bloggers at the various events like the Luxola party & MAC Halloween party. 

 Luxola "One Night Stand" Party


 MAC Halloween Party with @vinvola 


Halloween Night 2014!


#2. NARS Audacious lipstick in Janet



The NARS Audacious lipstick in Janet was a recent buy, during the Sephora VIB sales. 
& I was lucky to stumble onto this colour by swatching it at the display. 
Most of the colours I wanted were OOS. 
& Janet was the only one that was available and was to my liking.
With the 20% discount, I would be a fool not to try out the highly raved Audacious lipstick, there & then. 

Many beauty bloggers, fanatics or ladies in general, have gone insane over this newly launched Audacious lipstick.
Though they are not limited edition, but part of the permanent line, 
most of the nicer lip colours have been OOS since the collection hit our shores.
& it is no wonder why- 
With the intense & pigmented colours, that are to point & the lasting power & comfortability on the lips.
This has got to be my favourite brand and collection of lipstick.
& thus, I'm not gonna stop at only one, in my whole collection

Here are some swatches found online!



Wearing Janet, dinner date with Ena.


#3 TOPSHOP Lipsticks


Brighton Rock, Fast Lane 

Topshop has a wide selection of dark lip colours!
I love how their matte formulas are comfortable on the lips,
and definitely not drying.
The pigmentation of this lipstick is better than average, & the wear power is superb.
The way it fades off the lips, is a pretty one indeed.
No need to worry about the awkward fading and patchy coloured lips.



The price point is another thing to agree on, since they are at $19 per pop
-still affordable.
& I love to get them when they are on sale!
"2 for 1" promotion is too good to be true.
*LOOK OUT FOR THAT WHILE YOU'RE IN TOPSHOP!*



That's all for now, just some of my most used dark lipsticks!
What's your favourite Fall lip colour?
Share with me in the comment section below! (:

Have a great weekend!
xoxo, @clarabeltan






No comments:

Post a Comment