Friday, September 19, 2014

All there is to Julie's / Perfect Food Manufacturing!

Last month, I went on a short road trip to Malacca!
It was my very first/virgin trip to Malacca as I have mentioned in my previous post. 

Read here for Malacca food hunting & touristy things we did!


& why did I take this road trip out of the blue?
Well.. 
I was invited to the Julie's Biscuit Factory!
*So excited!*

Julie's Biscuit Factory is owned by the company called Perfect Food Manufacturing.
To be honest, I love the company's name. 
Cos' Perfect Food sounds nothing but AMAZING in my dictionary.

Have you heard of the brand "Julie's"?!

I bet you have!

I personally grew up eating biscuits from this brand.. 
& I would say they bring back a lot of memories for me. 

The lazy mornings where my eyes are half closed, as I slouched in-front of the dining table, 
while my mum plaits my braids before I went to school...
& what my friends & I ate during our recess break!

Sometimes it is good having a food brand that follows you through the years, 
& they bring back nothing but good old memories that are close to the heart. 


DO YOU KNOW?

Julie's was established in 1981. 
Many have the misconception that Julie's is a Singaporean brand. 
(Just like I did!)
However, Julie's is a Malaysian brand, although the founder is a Singaporean. 
Julie's has became a household name that many are familiar with...
& they are easily available in all our mini-marts & supermarkets!

I'm sure you will remember seeing & eating this yummy biscuits. 
Here are some biscuits from their brand!
From the oldest creations to their newest!

Always loved dipping this in hot Milo/coffee!
Don't we all? 










Just look at the yummy assortment of biscuits!

*The LINE Cookies are not available in SG as far as I know.
Else, I bet many LINE character lovers will be queuing up for them like the McDonalds' Hello Kitty!


DO YOU KNOW?!

What is Julie's Motto?

They believe in "Baking with Love". 
 Julie's motto is what makes it different from other biscuit brands!

Whatever that the staff/ employees won't eat, they won't let others eat it. 
That means that their quality and freshness of their biscuits are guaranteed,
and they are not like any other companies who sell for a profit without a regard for their consumers!


Just look at the many awards and certifications that were awarded to Julie's!
I can be assured, & eat my yummy biscuits with highest quality guaranteed!


Us at the Factory!


We were invited to Julie's to learn about the whole baking and creating process.
Generally, the "Behind the Scenes"!

We were first hosted with yummy food before the factory tour!
& this is Julie's GM, Mr Martin Ang addressing us!


He is such a sweet fatherly character, and I had the chance to communicate with him over dinner that night too, while we were at the Peranakan restaurant!


Look at the yummy food!

*Oh, and an important note!
This yummy food you see, is the exact same food that they provide for their staff in the Cafeteria.
Talk about amazing bosses & management who sincerely care for their staff!





We were honestly so well fed!
Just look! 
"Mum, you worried for nothing.."



Angeline & I posing for the camera.. 
Ok, the vain me was posing for the camera, while William snapped away!


After lunch, we headed to the meeting room. 


We were well fed & sat comfortably in the air-con room, 
while Mr Martin Ang addressed us, and told us more about Julie's!



We were then introduced this campaign.
"The Best Of You"
I have seen this campaign many times at our MRT stations & on our buses,
but have never known anything about it..

"Best Of You" is Julie's campaign which celebrates the everyday heroes of our life. 
It could easily be our parents, and also the unsung heroes of our society-
the Police, Nurses, Rubbish/trash collectors etc. 
It is a time for us to look around, and appreciate the efforts of others around us. 

Below is one of the videos from this campaign.
For more videos, you can visit Best Of You Channel on Youtube!



After the presentation, we got dressed up as...

(GUESS!)
DOCTORS?
SURGEONS?


NOPE! Just guest visitors of Julie's that were hygiene approved!

Don't worry, we went through every hygiene step required,
your yummy biscuits ain't contaminated for sure!! :)


So let's check out the actual baking and packaging process!!

The Cutting!


 The baking!

 The Cooling!

The Packaging!

 Quality Control!

& the result, yummy biscuits!

I was so honoured and privileged enough to eat one that was piping hot from the oven.
It was so darn yummy..
The peanut butter was so fragrant, the biscuit was warm and crisy.
*salivates*

After that we took many photos together as a group!


Mr Martin Ang & I!


Here's a big THANK YOU to everyone at Julie's 
You guys were nothing but the perfect hosts one could wish for!
& also, a big warm thank you & a tight hug to Ellice who organised this for us, 
brought us places, and was just like an older sister to us!

*If you are reading this Ellice, Thanks for bringing me around KL just a week plus ago..
I really appreciate it!


Looking forward to meet you guys in SG for the "Best Of You" exhibition in SG!!!

For those interested, 
there will be a special public exhibition at the central atrium of Marina Square,
 from 22 - 26 October 2014
FOC!!

Come down for food tasting, a short film by Royston Tan & a sharing session from Kumar & Michelle Chong!

Visit the movement's online portal at www.the-best-of-you.com


Till then, xoxo! 
@clarabeltan




Picture credits: www.onlywilliam.blogspot.sg
www.reginachow.blogspot.sg

No comments:

Post a Comment