Friday, September 5, 2014

TOP 4 Favourite Cleansers!

Cleansing your face well is the FIRST STEP to beautiful skin!

Whether you have sensitive and dry skin or oily and acne-prone skin, 
cleansing your face helps to remove dirt, grime, excess oil & even make up. 
I have always believed strongly that a clean face means lesser skin problems. 

& here are the few cleansers that I absolutely love & trust!!


First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser
Philosophy Purity Facial Cleanser
Human + Kind Was Off Facial Cleanser
SK-II Facial Treatment Gentle Cleaser

& yes, some of you will ask, "Why do you have 4 facial cleansers, when you only have 1 face?!"
Well, different facial cleansers have different properties, functions & strengths.
By saying "strengths" it also means the intensity/ how strong is the cleanser. 
Some cleansers are super gentle & mild, while others are stronger. 
& I tend to use the milder/gentle ones when I have no makeup prior to washing my face, 
or just for my morning skincare routine. 

Here is a breakdown of how the product works, and well, when do I use them..


1. First Aid Beauty (FAB) Face Cleanser

A few months back, I was introduced to this brand by a friend of mine. 
This friend of mine, S, suffers from really sensitive skin, and most products break her out. 
However just like me, she has dry skin, and therefore she needs to use products that are gentle, 
& hydrates at the same time. 
& FAB was what she used, & what she loved. 

I got this FAB Cleanser in a trial set, which is available from Sephora SG. 
& the set looks like this:

It consists of a 2 o.z. FAB Face Cleanser, 
a 2 o.z. FAB Ultra Repair Cream, 
& 28 pieces of the Facial Radiance Pads.

The Facial Cleanser is my favourite as of now, as it is gentle but cleans well.
It doesn't strip skin of moisture, but helps hydrate subtly, 
leaving skin feeling nourished, fresh, hydrated & supple. 

The face cleanser is pearly white in colour, with a slightly creamy texture. 
It does not lather into bubbles etc, but rather a pretty flat white texture. 
I have heard of some people who often fancy cleansers that lathers into bubbles, 
but i feel that like Sulphate & Paraben loaded shampoos, it is such dangerous ingredients that allow such bubbles to form. 
Therefore, non foaming cleansers have always been my choice. 

I use the FAB in the mornings, for a gentle cleanse before I do my morning routine. 


2. Human+Kind Wash Off Cleanser


This Human+Kind Wash Off cleanser was what I got from Superberry.me 

It is from Ireland & was awarded BEST FACIAL CLEANSER FOR SENSITIVE SKIN 
by CLEO Magazine Singapore. 
It is really as what the title suggest, gentle & suitable for sensitive skin as its ingredients are 99.29% natural according to their website details. 

The texture and colour of this cleanser is very similar to the FAB Face Cleanser.
It is also white in colour, but slightly more creamy than the FAB Cleanser. 

However, the smell might put some people off.
As this product contains no perfumes or scents, it smells very heavily like a cream/ moisturiser.
 But since I know it is good for me, I often ignore the cream scent that it carries. 
However, do not not worry, as this scent does not follow you throughout the day or stays on the skin. 

I use this in the mornings, alternating between the FAB Cleanser & the Human+Kind one. 


3. SK-II Facial Treatment Gentle Cleanser


This is my favourite cleanser to use especially before I am heading out & applying makeup on. 

The Facial Treatment Gentle Cleanser is like what its name suggest-Gentle. 
& like the 2 other products, it does not lather into bubbles, but rather changes into a silky texture.
The product is white and very creamy, easily spreadable all over the face area, 
and leaves a very fresh, supple, clean and moisturising effect on the skin. 

Credits to Bubblymichelle

To know how much I love this SK-II Facial Treatment Gentle Cleanser, 
you can check out this post too!



4. Philosophy Purity Facial Cleanser

This cleanser was recently featured in my August Beauty Favourites 2014!


This, unlike the rest of the cleansers, is used at night before I go to bed, 
& also if I have makeup on prior to washing my face. 

I double cleanse my face all the time. 
The first removal would be using facial wipes like the Biore Makeup Wipes etc, 
& I would cleanse it again with this Purity cleanser together with my Clarisonic Mia 2.. 

When used together, they are the best combination as the texture of the cleanser allows you to easily move the product around with the Clarisonic.
& also, it gives an extra clean feel.
So everytime I use this duo, my skin feels so clean & fresh!


The colour of the Purity cleanser is slightly yellow, with a very strong citrus smell. 
*It might put you off at the beginning*
However, it leaves skin feeling very clean, fresh and yet not stripped of moisture or tight- 
like what harsh cleansers are like. 

Interested to know why it was in my August favourites?
Read here for more:


What are your favourite cleansers?
Share with me on my Instagram @clarabeltan or comment below. 

xoxo












2 comments:

  1. I am still in search of the perfect cleanser, will try the ones suggested by you.
    ________________________________________________________________________
    www.placematch.sg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Please do if you have about the same skin type as I do! :)
    I'm more of dry to normal skin with no blemish problems.

    & tell me how it turns out for u!

    ReplyDelete