Monday, September 1, 2014

August Makeup favourites 2014!

Last month, 
I skipped my July makeup favourites cos I couldn't really choose the products I've been loving.. 
I was still experimenting with the new products that I bought,
& felt like I wasn't ready to proclaim them as my favourites!

After more than a month, 
I can finally proclaim some new favourites, & of cos,
I never do forget my old favourites too!



1. Toofaced Chocolate Soleil bronzer in Medium


I got this bronzer in a sample size from the Sephora "Beauty Bloggers Darlings" set about 4,5 months ago.
& I've been loving this as my contouring powder.
The texture is super smooth and blends easily, & the bronzer is matte with no shimmer at all. 
I use this for my "everyday nose job" & sometimes to contour my face too!

A simple, perfect bronzer/contour powder that smells yummy!
Yes! It smells just like chocolate, & I heard they are made from Cocoa powder!

This sample size is perfect for me as the normal size would most slightly last me years, 
since I use just a little tiny bit everyday. 
If you are interested to try this, check out Sephora & see if the "Beauty Bloggers Darlings" set is still available!


As compared next to the cult favourite, Nars Laguna, 
the Toofaced Chocolate Soleil has slightly more red undertone, while the Laguna is more neutral. 


2. MAC Peachykeen blush

This was a blush introduced to me by my favourite MAC artist, Alifal from Sephora ION. 
& apparently it is termed as a very close dupe to the Nars Orgasm blush, 
which I didn't have at that time. 
(I own the Orgasm Multiple & Super Orgasm Blush)

According to Makeupalley, this blusher was rated a 4.4 which is pretty high in my standards.
The Peachykeen is like its name, a pinky peach colour with the right amount of shimmer. 
You won't look like a clown in this because the pigmentation is not opaque, 
while the shimmer is just enough to give you a pretty glow. 

This is my everyday blush especially when I cannot decide what to use. on my cheeks!
& since I am the "glowy look" kind of girl..
This blush is just the right one for me!

Here are some swatches I found on the Internet!


The comparisons with other MAC blushers. 
I have the Springsheen blusher too, but some how prefer Peachykeen!

& this is how it looks like on my cheeks!
Just the right colour for that healthy glow..



Available at all MAC stores! Not a limited edition colour etc. 


3. MAC Mineralized Skin Finish in Lightscapade





Lightscapade is a cult favourite, second to the ever famous "Soft & Gentle". 
The only reason why I got this previously from MAC ION, was cos of Alifal's recommendation. 
Soft & Gentle was sold out in Singapore as MAC wanted to change the packaging for their Mineralised Skin finishes range, so I grabbed this to try instead. 

At that time, I just started dabbling & adding on Highlighters to my daily makeup routine. 
I put in on the bridge of my nose, below my brow bone, & also on my cheekbones,
for that extra dimensional structure. 

It gives a subtle glow on the cheeks, nothing to glittery or fancy, which is suitable for an everyday look.
However, it is buildable and I sometimes use it quite thickly on the bridge of my nose, 
especially for nights out/ party nights. 
The effects are obvious in real life, & also on camera.

Here are some pictures of my before party look (with flash).



Lightscapade is available at all MAC outlets, in the new packaging!
& good news! I got the Soft & Gentle in the new packaging too!
Will review it soon & maybe do a swatch comparison.


4. The Balm Cindy-Lou Manizer 

This happens to be one of my favourite highlighters aside from the MAC Lightscapade. 
However the Cindy-Lou Manizer has a more peachy pink tone while the Lightscapade is more neutral. 
Therefore, the Cindy-Lou Manizer is the perfect cheek highlight, but cannot be used for under the brow bone or on the nose bridge, because of its pink hues & sheen. 

The texture is super fine, and very easy to apply. 
A slight swipe of my highlighter or stippling brush picks up alot of product. 
Note: To tap off excess to prevent a chalky buildup. 





What I love about The Balm cosmetics are the adorable & creative designs & packaging.
The names are so adorable too!
I bought mine from ASOS & Bellabox Singapore as my first one cracked. 

*Wait for 20-30% discounts on Bellabox before getting it.. It is way affordable that way
& definitely don't get it from Singapore's SASA which jacks up the price!


5. Becca Cosmetics Rejuvenating Primer

This is my everyday primer without fail. 
I have dry to normal skin & this primer helps to rejuvenate my skin and keep it subtly hydrated. 
It has a very cooling sensation when first applied, & therefore is the perfect remedy for lousy skin days, 
or sleepy days where I am still half asleep while doing my makeup. 



This was given to me by the lovely Vinna who got it from Australia. 
Becca Cosmetics isn't available in Singapore, & that is such a waste as I've been dying to try out their highlighter in Opal, which is a new cult favourite on Youtube. 

Sephora, please bring Becca Cosmetics in please!! 

The texture of this primer is slightly creamy, an a 5 cent amount is enough for one side of my face. 
It helps to hold my foundation in place, and just creates a smooth canvas for me to apply my foundation, blushers, powders etc. 
A great product!


6. Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation 2.0




I would be honest to say that I didn't like this product at first. 
Firstly, the range of 2 is limited to just 2.0.
There is no 2.5 etc like the rest of the range, so if you have skin tone near mine, 
or slightly slightly darker.. 
You still have only 2.0 to choose from. 
& I was expecting a better coverage for this.. 
Though "Naked" is the word, I was expecting a medium coverage but not heavy on the skin.
However, it provides only a light coverage but is super light on the skin.
At least it satisfies 1 out of the 2 conditions. 
However, I still like this foundation for an everyday easy makeup, 
when I run errands, or don't need much coverage that day. 
I guess, I'm just the kind of girl who expects foundations to have minimum medium coverage, 
else I'd rather not wear foundation at all since my skin is pretty ok to begin with. 



& a plus would be its unique packaging. 
It is long & thin, and super light, perfect for travelling with it. 


6. Loreal Lucent Magique Foundation

This is my favourite drugstore foundation of all times!
The Loreal Lucent Magique is also called Lumi Magique in the States. 
I love it for its medium & buildable to full cverage, and the glow it gives my skin.
I am all about the glow, as you can tell from my love of highlighters too. 


This product provides medium to full coverage, with a non heavy texture.
Easy to blend & adheres to the skin very well, 
without stripping the skin of its natural oil, or causing more oiliness.


However I do notice that when first applied, the surface of the skin tends to be a bit tacky, 
but this is easily solved with a setting powder or setting spray. 
The foundation also is pretty long wearing, as I usually wear it to work at night, 
and partying all night with it is just great. 
I haven't noticed any sliding off or dislodging of this foundation after a long night out. 

A definite repurchase once I am done with this foundation.
I am not far away from that if you could tell from my August Favourites picture. 


7. Model Co Fat Lash 



My new everyday go-to mascara which is a cheaper alternative to my Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes mascara.
I got my Model Co Fat Lash from 2 places, Luxola & Bellabox SG.
However I do notice that Luxola doesn't carry this anymore. 
Not sure if it is because it is OOS or not.. 
But this mascara is half the price of my other Lancome favourite,
& achieve almost identical results. 

The Model Co is slightly of less volume than the Lancome mascara, but gives more definition as it does not clump and give you spidery lashes. 
A good everyday look! 


How it looks like on my lashes!

Get it if you are in search for a new mascara, this is better than the Maybelline Falsies!!

The brush is also very unique as it has 2 different types/size of bristles. 
I use the front/tip to define my lashes, it grabs on to even the innermost eyelashes that are usually hard to reach with other mascara wands & bristles. 
Then I coat it with the fatter part of the brush, which adds volume to my lashes. 

So I get an overall defined yet voluminous set of lashes, without the falsies!!


8. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard



The ultimate cult favourite. 
I don't need to introduce this much to you guys, because if you are like me into beauty & makeup..
You would have definitely heard of it. 
& did I mention, it is OOS in Singapore. 
Totally OOS. 

It was back in stock last Friday but I was in Malacca for work,
so I couldn't get it.. & it was out in a few days time. 
Damn. 
I got mine in Venice's Sephora while I was on holiday..
& now I need to find someone to get it for me from overseas too. 

In the meantime, I'm using this sparingly.. 

The Custard one is OOS as it is the best in giving not only coverage, but a good highligh when used under the eyes. I love it for this purpose as it highlights & frames my face, 
while covering up my awful dark eye circles!

Also, it does not crease, it is easy to blend, & it stays all day. 
Nothing beats this, though the price is abit steep for a concealer. 

But like some beauty bloggers say, investing in a good concealer is everything. 
So I can't wait for it to be instock again!! 



/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I will not go through my lip favourites in detail as this post is pretty lengthy already.

However, I do want to give a huge shout out to my Caudalie chapstick which is my ultimate favourite!
I love the smell, and also how well it heals my chapped lips.
I got this when I was in Europe at a much cheaper price as compared to buying it anywhere else.
It cost me 8 Euros for one, and yes, it is expensive for a chapstick.

But it is so good, I bought 2 as spares. 
& I hope they last as long as possible till I have friends who are travelling to Paris etc, 
to help me grab it from the French pharamacies. 


Also, I've been loving blue-toned Barbie pink lipsticks or stains!!
Here's some proof!





It brightens up my look instantly!
The NYX Extreme Shine Lip Cream in Candyland & the Joeur cosmetics one in Whitney!

Jouer Whitney (most right)

NYX Extreme Shine Lip Cream in Candyland


& of course not forgetting my June & July old favourite, 
MAC lipstick in Chatterbox. 



My favourite everyday shade, and I've used up my first one. 
& bought the 2nd one even before I used up the first..

So do get this, and you will not regret it!
I swear!!


Enjoy your week ahead!
xoxo
































No comments:

Post a Comment