Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Akaifune: The BEST Shabu-Shabu I've tried!

What's good to have for dinner on a rainy night? 
Shabu Shabu/ Japanese Steamboat!!


On Thursday, I visited Akaifune at Singapore Expo to try out their Japanese food,
& the extensive menu really surprised me.
I was literally spoilt for choice!!

I was particularly interested in the Shabu-Shabu as the ingredients looked really fresh & yummy. 
& I MUST say, their prices are so affordable!





This are 2 of the MANY options you can choose from!
For me, since I'm slightly allergic to seafood, I went for the Wagyu beef set instead.
& boy, I was blown away by the quality of the Beef & even Salmon fish!

So let's just jump in!



This is how the restaurant looks like!
It is very cosy and simple, with some outdoor seating too!



This is their Shabu-Shabu pot, in the shape of the Yin Yang.
I love Yin Yang pots when it comes to my steamboat, 
cos that can only mean one thing..
More soup variety!!

I was recommended their 2 BEST SELLERS- 
Pork Tonkutsu Soup Base (left) & Kimchi Soup Base (right)!

*I personally LOVE the Kimchi soup base ALOT!*

Why?

Imagine a good, strong Kimchi flavour, that is SPICY enough and SOUR enough- 
The perfect combination!! 
Even my partner had to agree..

 The sauces!
From left: Chilli, Peanut sauce & normal Soyu with Wasabi!

The chilli sauce was not too spicy; perfect for dipping the meat in. 
Flavour added to the tender pork slices & wagyu beef. 

The peanut sauce was very nutty, fragrant & naturally sweet.
A good sauce dip for those who like a non spicy taste. 


AND NOW COMES THE MAIN LEAD!!




 Pork Belly, 
Wagyu Beef, 
Beef slices, 
Salmon fish 
& Chicken Slices. 


What's on your table tonight? *winks*

Just look at the amazing selection of meat & the other side dishes!

Did you guys notice the marbling on the beef?
Really top quality beef for sure!!



The PERFECT amount of fats!
OMG, my stomach is growling while I type this..


Let's see some dipping action!

Before


After

I really think that the Pork Belly was the perfect amount of fat. 
It was TENDER enough, and also had some chewiness to it!
The texture of the pork was pretty amazing.. 

& my another favourite, the Salmon slices!

One sentence, " Sashimi grade Salmon!"

I am not a huge fan of cooked Salmon, but I had 2 plates of this..
I love how the Salmon was not fishy smelling, but had the right amount of fishiness.
*if that makes sense*

& the texture.. It does not break off into pieces easily, but it is not hard either.
I must also mention the layer of Salmon oil underneath the Salmon skin,
which oozes into your mouth with every bite!
*mindblown, tastebuds lingering*

The ala-carte Chawamushi.

But the huge pot of goodness made up for it!!

I had the PERFECT dining experience at Akaifune.
Everything was just wonderful!
The service staff was helpful, friendly & very patient.
Needless to say, the place really served some incredible quality meat!

Not like places like Ichiban Sushi. I hate that place & the food!

Akaifune also does private gatherings & functions for all occassions.
Birthdays, corporate functions, meetings or just a simple gathering!
Call them for more information & book your table today!

**********************************************************************
Akaifune was kind enough to offer a special promotion for all my readers!


Wagyu Set for 2 at ONLY $49.90 (U.P $79.90)
Quote my name, "Clarabeltan" for this amazing discount,
& SMS to 93800437 to make your reservation! 



Akai Fune Japanese Restaurant
Singapore Expo, Outside Hall 3
Carpark D
Unit #01-31
Tel: 93800437


I'm planning for my next trip down to Akaifune,
with my girlfriends this time..
Maybe I'd see you there!


In the meantime, happy midweek!!
xoxo
@clarabeltan






2 comments:

  1. I found this place is great for expats,the food here is amazing and affordable thank you for writing. On the other hand,if you are an expat and plan on moving to Singapore, do check out www.placematch.sg. I found it to be very useful in finding a place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You my dear for the positive comment!!
      I hope you love the food there as much as I did! <3!

      Delete