Tuesday, September 16, 2014

First Impressions: KOSE Whitening Peel-Off Mask

This is my 1st of my "First Impressions" series, 
where I talk about new products & my honest first impressions about them. 
I will be doing a real first impressions whether I like or dislike the product, 
and after subsequent uses, if I happen to change my mind about it, I will do a follow up blog post!

So let's just jump right into it!!!



KOSE is an umbrella skincare brand from Japan, which was founded in 1946.
Kose's name & branding is no stranger to me. 
However this is the 1st product I am trying from the range.
(Despite owning a full Sekkisei set which was gifted to me by my lovely girlfriend,
Ena Teo- Kose's Ambassador.)

Kose uses all natural Japanese & Chinese ingredients, 
and focuses on providing different skin care products for different skin types & skin needs. 
However in my contact with Kose & friends who use Kose's products, 
I would say that their whitening range is the most raved about!


After reading a few good reviews about the Kose Whitening Peel-Off Mask, 
I was very excited to try it out!
Firstly, I am always in search of a good whitening product/mask, 
cos I'm kind of over the tanned sporty look phase. 
& Secondly, I have always loved a good peel-off mask cos well, 
I kind of like peeling it off and seeing the dirt/grime/blackheads come off with it...
(Yes, disgusting.. But don't we all secretly love that? *winks*)



The product comes in a 80g tube, 
& the mask is a charcoal black substance which is slightly watery.
Super blend-able & easy to apply to the face, with no distinct smell or fragrance. 
Once applied, the product quickly dries up to a matte surface. 

Instructions on the tube:
Apply evenly to clean & dry skin, avoiding the eye, eyebrow, hairline & lip area. 
Leave on for 20mins and gently peel off from the outer edges. 



*Pardon my very ugly naked face. 
I look like a walking monster!

As seen from the picture, the mask adheres very well to the skin after drying.
& although it feels tight on the skin after about 10mins, 
it is not uncomfortable & you can still move your face slightly. 

20mins up!
Time to peel if off.

The mask was a breeze to remove, except for some parts/areas, 
ie. Hairline, chin and near the ears. 
With one corner pulled out, you can easily lift the mask off your entire face, 
in a whole piece. 


However,
I would suggest one to not apply it longer than required (20 mins), 
as the masks gets a little too dry! 
When pulled off, it actually hurts. 
(I think it actually removes facial hair too, which would explain the pain.)


I personally have no before & after images of my face after using this product.
*because I'm too shy & conscious of showing my bare face*

RESULTS!

 I did notice my skin tone lightening a tad just after one use. 
Which to me, is AMAZING, as I'm pretty skeptical of "immediate results".
This product didn't strip my skin's moisture & wasn't too drying or tightening.

It is overall a good product that works. 
Just that the removing part was a tad painful as I felt it was stripping my facial hairs off too.
For the remaining unremoved mask, one can easily wet a towel or a cotton wool and swipe it off!

Whitening: 4/5
Moisturising: -
Tightening: 3/5
Easy to use: 5/5
Pain level: 3.5/5



Hope this first impressions did help you girls!
Stay tuned to my next 1st impressions, 
which would be the Koh Gen Do Brightening Moisture Mask!

xoxo. 
Instagram: @clarabeltan



































6 comments:

  1. Good review i must say, will use this mask and share the experience here.

    Place Match Asia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear. I await for your review! :D

      Delete
    2. Original Hendel`s Garden Revitalizing Goji Cream Price in Pakistan www.EtsyTeleShop.Com

      Goji Cream in Pakistan For Order Click Here

      Goji Cream in Pakistan For Order Click Here


      Pakistan Biggest Online Shopping Store For Men And Women Shop Your Self Click Here >>>> Www.EtsyTeleShop.Com

      Delete
  2. whitening 4/5 !! high level :O
    I'm looking this type whitening mask , thanks for sharing dear :D
    I will bring it back home and try it ! haha



    - xiaohui ;
    http://xiaohui-95.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome darling! I love this mask, but the pulling off does hurt and that is why I don't really use it as often as my other mask. Maybe once a week or so.
      Do update me on your progress!!

      Delete
  3. Original Hendel`s Garden Revitalizing Goji Cream Price in Pakistan www.EtsyTeleShop.Com

    Goji Cream in Pakistan For Order Click Here

    Goji Cream in Pakistan For Order Click Here


    Pakistan Biggest Online Shopping Store For Men And Women Shop Your Self Click Here >>>> Www.EtsyTeleShop.Com

    ReplyDelete