Saturday, September 13, 2014

Cafe Hop: The Milky Way!



2 weeks ago, I went café hopping & dropped by The Milky Way!
The Milky Way serves home made ice-cream & coffee.
Home made ice-cream isn't that common in Singapore, as most cafes tend to just import them.
So expect unique, local loved flavours & tastes!

The Milky Way is a new start-up by a friend of mine, Renfred Ng.
If you find him familiar,
that is because he was from Campus Superstar & also had a few stints on Mediacorp!

This handsome young man, is really capable & ambitious!
Being about the same age as I am, he owns this new café,
While I'm still figuring my life out..
*embarrassed*

*pic credits to Daniel Fooddiary*





Anyway let's get to the food & drinks!
The Milky Way has awesome waffles & ice cream choices.
I tried their Pistachio ice-cream & totally fell in love with it!
Having visited Europe & Rome's Giolitti in particular,
I have always been on the hunt for good Pistachio ice-cream.
But have not found one, till I visited The Milky Way.
Latte

Hand made by the Boss himself, I am so impressed!

Did I mention that Renfred practiced a lot on his latte café art before the café opening?
His perseverance & hardwork, I salute!

If it's me.. I'd get someone else to do it for me..
*grins*


Waffles & Sicilian Pistachio Ice Cream

Just look at the goodness!

What I like about the Pistachio ice-cream is the right amount of sweetness & creaminess.
I hate it when the ice creams is heavy on artificial flavours and sugars!
Those kind just don't cut it for me!

Whereas The Milky Way serves ice creams that are just right!
The texture is just nice- soft and creamy..
BUT not too milky.
& also, no hint of artificial flavouring.

A slightly nutty flavor for the Pistachio ice-cream unlike the European ones,
which are much more nutty.
However, I feel that makes it more acceptable to the local taste preferences.

The waffles are not fluffy & pale white kind.
It is well done, with a little bit of browns.
Slightly crunchy on the outside, and soft on the inside.
I would say they really got the timing right for the waffles,
which is pretty difficult to achieve & standardized!

& when combined with the Pistachio ice cream-
PERFECTO!



If you do drop by The Milky Way, try out their top sellers!

Pistachio
Straciatella
Strawberry Cheesecake

*Approach their friendly staff/ pretty servers for a taste of the flavours if you can't decide.
They will be more than happy to get you the right kind of ice-cream for your taste buds!
A point to mention!
The Milky Way closes at 12mn on Fridays & Saturdays.
So what better way to chill on a weekend with your loved ones & friends?
 *pic credits to Daniel Fooddiary*
Quaint surroundings, cosy chairs, yummy ice-cream & waffles..
I couldn't ask for more!
You'd see the greedy me there very, very often *winks*
The Milky Way Homemade Ice Cream and Coffee (Tanglin Halt)
Blk 48 Tanglin Halt Road Singapore 142048 (nearest: Commonwealth MRT)
https://www.facebook.com/Themilkywaysg

 Opening Hours: 12pm – 10pm (Sun- Thurs),
12pm-12am (Fri-Sat)



No comments:

Post a Comment