Tuesday, July 1, 2014

All about Glamglow!

Hello!
 I'm back with a post that I have been wanting to share with you guys for the longest time!
As you can tell from the title, I'd be sharing with you guys the secrets behind the brand "Glam Glow".
I've been doing my research for days, tried out most of the range of products on myself,
and here is my honest & true review of what I really think about the products & the brand!
Glamglow was created & distributed in 2010, and the founders of Glamglow,
Glenn & Shannon Dellimore (husband & wife),
started out by distributing Glamglow in small little jars to their close celebrity friends and make-up artists.
Apparently, many loved it, and the word spread..
& more people came forward to ask to try that much loved product.
They even called it "Magic Mud".
A year later, the product was packaged, launched and sold.
And the success was remarkable!
Three years later, Glamglow is sold worldwide,
with a target of close to 80 countries in 2014!!!
Glamglow has been highly raved by many.
Youtube beauty bloggers, make-up artists, celebrities like
.......
Natalie Portman,


Nina Dobrev, from the Vampire Diaries
Michael Buble,



& even the crazy Miley Cyrus, who apparently posted this picture on her Instagram!


Not to mention the number of awards that the brand Glamglow has won!
Just to name a few:
- ELLE Beauty Awards 2014
- CEW Beauty Insiders awards 2013
- World's Best Face Mask by all 44 editions of ELLE magazine

But what is the rave actually about?
I bought some of the products from the range to actually find it out myself.
First product I got:
1. Glamglow Youth Mud


The stylish yet simple, sleek design of the box and the bottle was luxurious to even looked at.
And the signature "Hey Sexy" welcomes you when you open the lid of the box.
The Youth Mud is a compact container of 50ml/ 1.7oz,
and is said to be able to last 17 full face applications or 1000 spot treatments per full size container.
It costs SGD$92 at the local Sephora in Singapore, or USD$69.

From the Glamglow website itself:
Designed as a 10-minute professional ‘facial in a jar’ for behind-the-scenes use in Hollywood’s Entertainment, Music, Fashion & Award industries, for immediate camera- ready glowing skin.
Suitable for all ages, all skin types, both men & women.

Main Ingredients as listed:
French Sea Clay
Patent pending, TEAOXI
& Volcanic minerals

My Review:
I have used it on myself, my friends, my family members & EVERYONE has seen a difference in their skin.
Skin is cleaner, and pores are unclogged.
Blackheads, excess sebum are removed.
Skin feels tighter, plumper & younger.
& also smooth to the touch..

I don't really have problematic acne skine etc,
so I didn't really see a big difference at first, until the day I used it on some little bumps on the surface that I got from nowhere..
& after application and washing the Glamglow off, they literally disappeared.
Like it didn't happen at all.
So verdict is I LOVE IT!!!

Fave-o-meter: 4.5/5
Only downside was the tingly/stingy sensation that you have to put up with for the first 5mins.
And yes, the steep price tag!



2. GLAMGLOW Bright Mud Eye Treatment


This is how the product looks like.
A holographic silver package that holds 12 pairs of Bright Eye mud treatment in this capsules.
The product is placed in separate left/right compartments so you will know how much to use per eye.

Taken from Sephora's website about what it actually is & does:
A reverse action undereye and orbital eye treatment.
Non-Dry Tapwipe™ Bioactive Mud consists of powerful actives that help minimize puffiness, dark circles, and fine lines while brightening and hydrating the eyes. Natural high bioactivity materials and bentonites absorb toxins delivering high nutrients and minerals essential for ultrabright, amazing eyes.
Main Ingredients as listed:
- 14% Nitroffeine™
-2.5% Juvelane™
-Dihydroxymethylchromone
- Cyclicpeptide
- Troxerutin
- Ectoin
& TEAOXI™ Peppermint Technology

My Review:
I have used this for about 5 sessions now, and I did a session for my mummy,
& to be honest I'm not swearing by this yet.
I guess I don't see much difference in my dark eye circles etc, and I don't have fine lines to speak of yet.. BUT!
My eye area did feel hydrated, lifted, and the skin around the eye was tighter & firmer!
& if you have the case of puffiness under your eyes, this works!
I've seen it de-puff my undereyes when I was having a bout of allergies!
&&& needless to say my mummy loves it.
I would repurchase this ONLY if there was a Sephora Sale etc!

Fave-o-meter: 3.5/5
Same as the other Glamglow product, the steep price tag is the down side.
And also, this product really does like sting your eye area for a bit!!
I even did tear once or twice while doing this treatment!


3. GLAMGLOW Thirsty Mud
*THIS IS MY ULTIMATE FAVOURITE/ HOLYGRAIL/ DEFINITELY WILL REPURCHASE!




As you can see from what I wrote about in CAPS LOCK,
this mud is my favourite out of all the Glamglow products that I have!
I absolutely love this product to bits, & swear by it.
I have rather dry skin, and I am always on a look out for good hydrating products.
And all I can say is, this product didn't disappoint,
instead it raised the bar!
I know many girls who love to do facial hydrating masks etc, but will always realize that the hydration doesn't last you a long time.
It is like it cures the symptoms, but not the problem.

However, this Thirsty Mud is different, as the treatment really hydrates your skin if after application, or days later.. & to me that is just remarkable!
You can put this on for about 10-15mins, and wash it off.
For as long as you want, on planes even.
Or even an intensive treatment overnight.
The choice is yours...

So according to Sephora, this is what the product does:
A nondrying hydration mask to deliver instant, extreme hydration.
THIRSTYMUD™ uses the newest, most advanced, and extreme hydration active technologies. It moisturizes, restores, replenishes, and calms the skin. Dewdration™ boosts and locks in moisture for a dewy and youthful result while HydraPack™ leaves skin with an instant silky, soft, and supple feel. GreenEnergy™ smooths and energizes the skin, giving you a healthy-looking, glowing complexion.

& here are the Main Ingredients:    
- DEWDRATION™  
- HYDRAPACK™
- GREENENERGY™
- Teaoxi Olive Leaf

My verdict has already been fast-forwarded as written above,
and I think everyone should try this.
Even oily skin...
As oily skin could be caused by a lack of moisture & hydration that causes your pores to secrete more oil to protect our delicate skin.

Fave-o-meter: 5/5
Even the steep price tag won't stop me from buying this product again!!


So, that is all for my Glamglow reviews etc.
Follow me on Instagram @clarabeltan for more daily updates!


In the meantime, stay happy & beautiful xoxo <3!














No comments:

Post a Comment