Tuesday, December 2, 2014

How To Ruin Your Relationship in 5 Simple Steps!

Hello lovelies.
Yes, you read that right!
Not 5 Simple Steps to better improve a relationship, 
but rather the 5 Simple Steps to Ruin Your Relationship. 
So avoid them as much as you can, or say bye bye to that relationship of yours. 

The below 5 are the TOP 5 common mistakes I have made, 
or seen other make. 
So take note of them, and definitely do not do them.. 
UNLESS, you want to get rid of that special someone,
or simply end the relationship. 

So let's begin!

#1.  Compare your partners with everyone else (Including that Ex-Girlfriend)


I think a lot of people know this one pretty well.
Never compare your current partner with the ex-girlfriend, friends, mother or family. 
Just never compare them to anything & anyone.
UNLESS, it's a favourable one. 
Like, "You cook as well as my mum!"

Example of unfavourable ones.
"Why ain't you as understanding as my ex-girlfriend?"
"Why can't you be a better cook, like my mum?"
"Why can't you be as buff & muscular as my ex?"
"Why can't you drive me around & spend more time with me, like John used to do.."

I would say that it is common for people to have benchmarks preset in their minds,
from their experiences with others. 
But NEVER, EVER, say it out loud. 
Heck, I won't even recommend you comparing anyone even if it's in your head. 
Cos' it's just not fair. 
Everyone is unique in their own ways & no one loves to be compared to someone better,
or be put down by their loved ones. 


#2.  Nag or Grumble too much!

There's a thin life between complaining & grumbling incessantly, 
reminding & nagging.. 
Men hate naggy women.
They get enough from their mothers & other older women in their family. 
Generally, they would hate it if you did it too.
So remember, say it nicely in a pleasant tone & never say more than 2 times in a row. 


#3.  Leash Them Real Close,


Nobody loves being suffocated. 
Nobody loves having no personal space or no air to breathe. 
This is something I always advocate in my relationships.
I am someone who values my own personal time & space, so this comes naturally for me. 

Cut them loose at times.
Whether it is a trip to the mall with the girlfriends, for a shopping trip or pamper session. 
OR a girls' night out. 
OR a guys' night out watching soccer or heading to the bars. 

Nobody likes to be stuck to someone 24/7,
and being refused of anytime with his or her friends. 
Remember, before you appeared, those friends & activities were what he/she did & loved.
As long as it is healthy, let them go. 

Being stuck together over prolonged periods of time causes conflict to arise. 
So why not take a step back, and enjoy some alone time or time with your besties/buddies.


#4.  Keep Scores like in a Football Match


YES, a lot of us do this. 
Especially the women, I'm not gonna side the female population.
Cos' even I know, I am guilty of this one. 

Humans in general, forgive when other fault against them. 
But it is very hard to forgive. 
So... Talk it out completely once the situation occurs. 
Clear it up, & sweep it under a rug. 
& NEVER bring it up. 

It gets tiring, & yes you feel it is necessary to bring it up, 
cos it helps prove your point.
But imagine being thrown the same shit in your face.
It gets tiring to hear & say.. 
& it irritates everyone. 
So don't bring up the past, cos no one likes to reminded of their mistakes,
even after months & years. 


#5.   Cheat, like Love is Just A Game!


This is something I ABSOLUTELY DESPISE!
No one should ever cheat, while being in a relationship.

Relationships are sacred things that are fragile & delicate.
Once someone cheats in a relationship, the relationship is pretty much headed for doom.
When you cheat, you might think that your partner may never find out.
But deep down, you are plagued with guilt and some anger towards your self.
*That is, if you even love your partner at all!*

& what I observed from people around me is that,
once someone cheats, it is very unlikely that will be his first & only time. 
Not only with you, but even with the next partner they have. 
Cos' somehow with every cheating that lies undiscovered, 
it is a certain motivation to cheat even more. 
& some people do like the thrill of it. (Sick Bastards..)


I never do see a need to cheat. 
You know how badly it will hurt your loved one. 
So why do it?
I'd rather end the relationship there & then once I've gotten tempted to even think about cheating.

So if you love & cherish your partner and the relationship,
never commit the 5 mistakes above!

What else do you think will ruin a relationship?
Share with me in the comments section!


In the meantime, have a great week ahead!
xoxo @clarabeltan


No comments:

Post a Comment