Monday, October 27, 2014

TAG: 20 Facts About Me!


Some months back, I started seeing this tag all over my Instagram & Facebook. 
Though interesting, I couldn't get my ass down to think about 20 interesting facts
(or some what interesting) 
 about myself to share with my friends & readers. 
& since I was off from work on a nice warm Sunday.. 
I decided to finally sit down & brainstorm!

Hope this doesn't bore your socks off!! 

#1.   I am NOT the only child!

Somehow, new friends or people that I meet tend to think that I am the only child. 
Maybe it is cos' I seem a little too pampered or maybe a little too independent for a non-only child.
(I'd like to think it was more of the latter.) 

I have an older sister, who is 2 years older.
& yes, only 2 daughters in my family. 

It gets a little boring growing up..
My sister is more of a tom boy, & she even learnt Aikido growing up.
She's taller & bigger in built. So yes, I did get bullied as a kid.
BUT, she stands up for me and protect me from the baddies too.
What irony, bullying & protecting me. 
*shrugs*


#2   I'm musically & artistically talented...

When I say artistically gifted, I don't mean that I can draw.
Neither am I that musically gifted that I can sing as well as Mariah Carey.
But yes, when I sing I don't break glass. Don't you worry!! 

I used to play the Electone Organ. 
Very well I would say. 
I could listen to music pieces and play them out on the Electone. 

I used to love music & loved playing on the Electone. 
I even graduated from the whole course which I started when I was approximately 5 years old. 
& I went ahead to take on the Electone Teachers' Course too. 

& I used to do ballet, till I quit that at Grade 7.
Also something that I learnt since 5 years old, I used to enjoy ballet..
I guess until the day that I was a little too fidgety for my own good. 
& going on pointe was just a BITCH!


#3.   I am a Beauty & Skincare Junkie/Addict/Hoarder!

If you can't tell from my blog content, I am a beauty blogger!
I LOVE MY MAKEUP, SKINCARE & BEAUTY RELATED PRODUCTS!!




If you are interested to find out how I got started on this recent journey as a beauty blogger, 
read this blog post! 



#4.   I was NOT from a Girls' School! 

Contrary to the beliefs of many, I was not from a girls' school.
I was from a mix school from my Primary School days..

* Geylang Methodist Primary School
*Chung Cheng High (MAIN)
* Temasek Junior College 
* SIM Univ of London


#5.   I LOVE MY BABY BOY, BACON!! 





Yes, this is my boy/son, Bacon. 
My pride, glory, baby & everything!
I got him when he was about 2 months old, in May 2013! 
& he has been my biggest joy & love. 

Bacon is supposedly a Toy Poodle, but he has genetics that make him look like a Maltipoo. 
So I kind of went along with him being a Maltipoo instead. 
& yes, I love this fellow though he is utterly spoilt & gets on my nerves sometimes!


#6.   I started Freelance Modelling at 19.


Nothing much to say about this but modelling was somewhat fun & yes, 
they paid pretty well, especially with the very flexible hours. 
I spent about 4 years doing events etc, as a way to support myself while studying for my degree.


#7.   My favourite colour is BLUE & RED! 

Cobalt Blue/ Royal Blue/ Electric Blue. 
All kinds of RED!


#8.   My horoscope is the Aquarius. 

For people who know a thing or two about my horoscope, 
Aqauarius are perfectionist. 
They have horrid & short fuses, resulting in a rather bad temper. 
They are stubborn to the core, & will most likely not heed advices. 
We are fickle like the wind, since Aquarius is an Air sign. 
That also means that we do not like to be restricted or tied down. 


#9.   I LOVE TO DANCE!! 

Because of my involvement in Ballet when I was younger, 
I love dancing & have tried a few kinds of dances.
Modern Contemporary, Chinese Dance, Burlesque, Hip-Hop, Street Jazz etc. 

& I am glad that my love for dancing could spark off a small freelance job thing for me.
For those that do not know, I use to dance for Butter Factory & many other clubs. 

Fun Times. 








#10.   I am a Die-Hard Horror Film Fanatic!!

One Sentence, "I have watched 80-90% of all horror films in the recent years."
Gonna catch Oujia Board tomorrow!


#11.   I have some deep-rooted inferiority complex..

As a child, I used to have very severe eczema. 
It started when I hit puberty at the age of 13.
Secondary school was hell for me, as well, many of my school mates made fun of me. 
I suffered the illness for about 6 years before I eventually healed in JC days. 
As my eczema onset was attributed to hormonal changes & hormonal inbalance, 
I could say that I was real lucky that it eventually cleared. 

Thus, I am still very body conscious & hate my scars that are left over all around my body. 
BUT, I know that without that illness, I will not be who I am today. 


#12.   I HATE RATS/ SNAKES/ Any creature that is disgusting & a pest. 

Cockroaches are still fine for me. 
So long as they are not able to fly. 


#13.   I HATE Water Sports!! 

Maybe it is cos of my chinese 8 characters that do not have the "Water" element at all,
I jsut hate water sports or water in general. 
I don't mind showering, or taking long baths..
I enjoy them alot. 
But water sports are just not my thing. 

In my school days, if I had to go for any camps that require me to canoe, swim etc.
You will never see me there. 
I will definitely have my MC in tow!


#14.   I love to read, seriously!

As a young child, I love to read. 
I remember very fondly of my primary school days where I could easily read a minimum of 4 story books per day.
& no, they are not those thin paperback kind. 

& imagine this. 
My mum had to ban me from reading when I was in Primary 6 cos' I was reading too much, 
and doing nothing else, but read. 
*I'd never do that to my kid.. & till this day, I think it was silly of my mum to do so*


#15.   I have been in many relationships, and my longest one being 2 years. 

My relationship status has always been a low profile thing on my social media sites. 
I am currently single & my longest relationship was about 2 years, 
with intentions to marry the following year even. 

& yes, I am pretty emotionally jaded. 


#16.   I am someone with a very STRONG character.

I went through alot emotionally as a teen. 
& I would say that it has shaped me in a positive way. 
I am a little stronger than the rest, and a little more independent than girls my age.

& it is often because of my character traits that make me an older sister to many of my girlfriends. 


#17.   I LOVE TO EAT!! & I EAT ALOT! 





Although I might look skinny & even anorexic at times, 
I am not. 
I eat alot for my size, & sometimes I eat too much for my own good. 
I get hungry every 2 to 3 hours, & I need constant full meals. 

I don't like eating junk food, or small bites for my meals. 
I love my meals hearty, warm & filling. 
Proper meals. 

Lucky for me, my high metabolic rate & good family genes allow me to eat without worrying!
Thanks Mummy & Daddy. *hehe*

The most that I have ever ate for supper:
Macdonalds Delivery of a Double Quarter Pounder Meal, 
Upsized Fries.
Ice Milo.
Cup Corn. 
Apple Pie. 
4 Piece Mac Wings. 

All done & in my tummy in 10 minutes! 

If i had to diet or exercise, I will choose to exercise, cos' I just love my food too much!!


#18.   I am currently officially unemployed & still searching..

Few months back, I just graduated from UOL. 
But as I have not discovered my direction in life, I have not found a job.
I don't want to make the same mistakes as many graduates who grab the first job that they see coming..
& then regret a year or two later. 

& yes, I wish to carve a career out of my writing & reviews in the future. 


#19.   My official full name is "Clarabel Tan Yan Jie".

Some of my friends thought that my name was a self-created one. 
However, it is not. 
My parents gave me that name since birth & the reason was cos' my Dad wanted to name me "Belinda", while my Mum wanted to name me "Clara".
& also, with reference to my sister's name "Annabel", my name was hence created!


#20. I have an absolute fear of drawing blood, and a slight fear of needles!

I do not remember drawing blood..
As a toddler or infant, I might have got my blood drawn at some point. 
But i have a terrible fear of it. 
Just the thought makes me woozy..

So, if you really hate me that much, bring me for a blood test. 
):


That is all for my Monday blog post!
Hope that you guys enjoyed the 20 Facts About Me!


Till the next blog post.. 
xoxo, @clarabeltan

5 comments:

  1. 20 facts are addicting! You got my attention when I was scrolling the Singapore Bloggers feed. And hey, you're an avid reader, cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Priscilla!
      I hope you enjoyed reading my blog post on my 20 facts. & hope it was somewhat interesting & entertaining at hte same time! :D
      & yes I love reading. I am almost done with the Hunger Games Trilogy before moving on to the Divergent series!

      xoxo!

      Delete
    2. Ooh, great choice! I enjoyed The Hunger Games very much. As for the Divergent series, I have yet to read the last book. Happy reading and DFTBA!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your kind words Lubna!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should be most impressed that you could play a song by ear on an electone, but somehow, I'm not. I can't get over the fact that you read so much as a kid. Awesome man, books are cool.

    ReplyDelete