Sunday, August 31, 2014

August Beauty Favourites 2014!

August is coming to an end, and so is Summer...
Though the seasons are vaguely noticeable in our sunny island, 
I will miss Summer and all it stands for- 
Sun, sea, fun, and bright colours!

But I am also excited to welcome Fall & Winter. 
Yes, Winter is a season that does not occur in Singapore. 
We don't get ultra cold weathers, frostbites, snow etc. 
But I'm excited cos it is the time of the year where I can finally play with my darker hues, 
like dark vampy reds & purples. 
& well, Singapore's weather does get a little less warm & humid towards the end of the year. 
So this calls for a double celebration! 

Today, I posted a picture of my August beauty favourites.
I will admit that I was a little lost in selecting my products that I have been loving.
Cos' my skincare products don't really change much, 
since once I find something that I really like & works for me.. 
I stick to it, like chewing gum to a shoe. 

& I avoided adding items which were already in my July favourites to prevent any repetition.
Yes, people do get bored of seeing me rave about the same old products. 
They want to know what's new in the market, & what works!

So here are some of the new ones that I've been loving. 
& I will revisit why I love the older products too below.. 
Well, the older products really deserve a little time & praise. 



1. Freeman Beauty - Acai Facial Purifying Clay Mask 

This has got to be my favourite mask to use recently!
I've been reaching for this even more often than the Glamglow Youth Mud. 
& that is proof of how much I love this Freeman mask. 
They are available at our local Guardians at $6.50 per tube, & $5.80 if you can get them on offer. 
I got mine at ION's Guardians while they were on sale. 
& I am already thinking of stocking up on this, even though I'm not done with this tube yet.
Because I know I love it, and I will love it, for a very long time. 



Some ingredients in this Acai Clay Mask that is worth a mention:
8 Anti-oxidant blend of 
Acai, 
Blueberry, 
Cranberry, 
Goji, 
Mango, 
Mangosteen, 
Pomegranate & Noni
& Kaolin Clay

Not only is this mask very, very affordable..
It smells great & works very well. 
The texture is creamy and easy to spread. 
& all you have to do is to leave it on for 10 minutes before you wash it off, 
& you will be left with smooth, fresh, clean and brighter skin.
My HOLY GRAIL!!
I use this about twice a week, and it really helps to suck our impurities, & give my skin brightness.
Perfect for those days where your skin is just.. feeling lousy. 

*Freeman Beauty has many varieties of masks, ranging from hydrating, anti-dullness, 
exfoliating, anti-stress etc. 
One for every purpose. 


2. SK-II Cellumination Aura Essence 

I've always been a fan of SK-II since I stumbled onto the Facial Treatment Essence. 
& when I heard friends & Instagram beauty bloggers raving about this product,
I knew I had to get it to try. 
My skin is well, non-problematic. 
Many would say that they are envious of my no acne/pimple/blackheads skin.
But the dullness of my skin has always been my insecurity. 
I have severe dark eye circles that looks like I got punched in the face, 
& my skin is just dull & lacklustre all the time. 

So when I used this product, & my skin started looking a little more bright & blowy..
I know I had to use this product in my skincare routine to achieve better results. 

The texture of this serum is slightly creamy & less watery like other serums, 
which I felt was a good thing, 
cos I feel like that means it was packed with more power & concentration.


I bought the bigger bottle, cos it was more worth the money. 
I got mine from Luxola when there was a 37% off, so I got this at a duty free price. 

But one thing to note about this product is that, 
I experience dryness after using this at the start. 
Maybe cos' my skin wasn't used to brightening serums like this.
But after alternating every 3 days between this and the next serum, 
this problem disappeared & I was left with only the benefits of this amazing serum!


3. Shiseido White Lucent Intensive Spot Targetting Serum


This has to be my 2nd mini bottle that I've been using. 
The first was given to me as a gift from the lovely Vinna, 
& it is the first serum that I have ever used in my life.

The texture is watery, and very easy to apply on your skin. 
The smell is light, and slightly citrusy & just, great for a day time serum below your moisturiser. 

I have seen visible results from using this serum, mainly lightening my freckles & some uneven toned skin/ discolouration. 
So when I was done with the first bottle, I went ahead and bought 3 small ones, 
& even gave 1 to my mother to try.. 

This is however the old packaging of Shiseido White Lucent, 
& the picture below is the new packaging & formula for the Shiseido serum. 
& I might consider getting this after I'm done with the small bottles.



The difference between this and the SK-II, if anyone were to ask, 
would be well, not much on the price since both are pretty expensive..
But I would say that the Shiseido White Lucent is more suitable for those who like light-weight brightening serums. 
The Shiseido White Lucent is also, in my opinion, better for day time application & the SK-II for the night time application/ skincare routine.



3. Philosophy Purity Cleanser


The Philosophy Purity has to be my favourite "after makeup" cleanser. 
It works perfectly when used with my Clarisonic Mia 2, which is also featured in this August favourites.
When using both products together, I am confident that all the makeup particles, residues, dirt & grime will be removed. 
& what is best is that, though efficient, this product does not strip your skin of its natural moisture,
but skin is left supple, clean & fresh. 

Sephora SG sells this in 8 oz only at $34, so that was what I got at first..
But Tangs Philosophy was having an awesome deal because of National Day, 
& the 16oz cost me just $49. 
So if you see this promotion still ongoing, grab it!
It is super worth the money. 

A little goes a long way with this product, 
The texture is not too watery or creamy, lathers slightly..
But do note that the distinct smell of this cleanser could turn you off, but wait till you use the product first, & I'm sure you won't regret putting up with it. 


For the rest of the products, you can check my link below as they are also in my July favourites post.


September would be a month of testing out new products, 
so I promise my September favourites will have a lot more new products & new loves!

Stay tuned for my August Makeup favourites too, which will be coming up in the next few days!


In the meantime, have a good week ahead!

xoxo
(@clarabeltan)

No comments:

Post a Comment