Friday, December 26, 2014

My All-Nighter Rescue Kit!

Don't we all have those kind of days, where we just couldn't get enough sleep?
For whatever reasons,
be it partying, working, insomnia, or just being a new mummy..
We all want to look fresh and awake, while dragging our feet around for a new day ahead. 

Here are my favourite products to use when I need to fake that well-rested look-
Especially during this festive season where I am out partying with friends through the night! 


#1.   Philosophy Purity Facial Cleanser
Also featured in my TOP 4 Favourite Cleansers 


My easy, holy grail status cleansr, that is an all-in-one product.
It does not only cleanse, but also tones & moisturises. 
Perfect for those that are often late for work due to oversleeping. 

A good cleanser in the morning is the perfect solution for a clean & fresh face.
Not only will you leave any residue like makeup & eye gunk (eww) from your face, 
you will look fresh & awake. 
& trust me, when your skin looks good, you will feel good too!

This is one product that I have personally introduced to my close friends & family,
& everyone loves it as much as I do!!


#2.   SK-II Facial Treatment Essence 
For those with some extra time to do the full range of skincare line up,
the SK2 Facial Treatment Essence is another of my holy grail product.
I use the FTE as a toner, to remove any impurities, balance out the pH level of my skin,
& also to prep my skin for the day ahead, with or without makeup. 
It provides subtle hydration & always leaves my skin clean & fresh. 

I always include the SK-II FTE in my daily makeup routine.
I love how it preps my skin for my makeup,
and also reduces any form of sensitivity.
As I don't have a problem with acne, but rather. dry skin,
I often have some dry and irritated patches just right above my lips.
I will use the FTE especially around that area to soothe the skin,
and makeup is applied beautifully on top of it later, also reducing the dryness & itch.


#3.   Origins Gin-Zing Range 


Origins products are pretty amazing. 
The Gin-Zing range was formulated specially for those important moments when you need a little,
(or maybe huge) perk me up!
It contains caffeine & other ingredients that helps to brighten, refresh & restore radiance in the skin. 

Since I don't own the entire range of Origins Gin-Zing products, 
I use the Origins Gin-Zing masks once or twice a week to awaken my dull skin.
My skin often feels supple, refreshed & moisturised. 
#4.  NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard


I love a good concealer that not only cover my dark eye circles,
but also doesn't crease or settle into my fine lines.
What's ,more is that this concealer is light on the undereyes but provides a solid, full coverage!

After having tried about at least 10 different brands of concealers,
the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer really does lift up to its name as a cult favourite!
Not only is it not drying under your eyes, but it doesn't crease & last for a decent amount of time.
Total HOLY GRAIL!!

When  choosing a concealer, I love to use ones that are a shade or two lighter,
as it also helps to highlight the under eye area,
making your face look more structured & 3 dimensional!!
If you need an extra boost, try a concealer that has a slight pink salmon tone,
cos the colour just counteracts any blueish-black undertones in the undereye region.


#5. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder & Blusher


To avoid looking sallow & dead,
invest in a good highlighting product.
Regardless if it is a highlighting powder, or even a blusher.
You will be amazed at the difference it makes, when your skin looks radiant & glowy,
especially under the Sun.

The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders are crazily amazing.
You will definitely be blown away by how finely milled the powders are.
So that means, definitely no caking or cake face situations.
The powder does not give you a sheen or glitter.
It just gives you a pretty glowy complexion, without the drama discoball look-a-like glitters.

For an all-over face powder, I use the one on the left.
The middle one which is called Incandescent Light is more for a highlight for me,
as it is about a shade lighter than my medium skin tone.
While the most right, Dim Light, can be added to bronze and warm up the face!


I hope that the various products I shared would help you get through those days where you look sallow & suffering from a lack of sleep.
Share with me in the comments below, what products, tip or tricks that works for you,
while you are hungover or feeling sleep deprived.
I'd love to try them out!!

Till the next blog post,
xoxo @clarabeltan



No comments:

Post a Comment