Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Empties (II): January 2015!

It's finally February!!
A month that I have always loved, as it is my birthday month!

In the recent month or two, I have began a new job,
and am also awaiting a big dream job (currently in progress).
More news will be announced once I have settled all details,
so stay tuned to find out what I've been busy with.

For the 2nd Empties post. I would say that I have gone through a lot of products.
I've been trying to tighten my purse strings, to finish up my existing "STOCK" of prducts,
lying around at home.
I will be honest that, I have got products to last me years- both body care, skincare & makeup.
(guilty face)


An empties post have always been my favourite to read, as it really shows what products are good.
If they ain't, I won't bother using it.
& also, it gives me a really good & decent time frame to test out the products.
So here's what I have finished using, & what I love & maybe dislike too.



#1. SK2 Aura Essence (Serum)
I have recently become a serum junkie,
with about 8 serums loaded up in my stockpile, waiting for their turn to be used.
But why are serums my favourite?
Or why are they even important in my skincare regime?

Well, serums are generally power packed ingredients that are targetted at different skin issues.
There are serums for whitening, brightening, hydration, anti-aging etc.
& they are the one step that have really increased the efficacy of my skincare regime.

The SK-II Cellumination Aura Essence is an expensive product.
Although you can get it slightly cheaper at Duty Free Shops, or online,
it is still a pricey investment.
But I would say it is more than worth the money.

I have naturally dull and tan skin, and I have always hated it.
Therefore, when I first started using serums, brightening was my main purpose.
& boy oh boy did the SK-II Aura Essence did wonders.
It is potent & heavy duty, that brought about improvements almost immediately.
However, start off slow would be my advise, as I experienced dry skin & peeling at the start.
& how much do I love this product you may ask?
Well, I am already on my 2nd bottle.

The serum is thicker than most serums I have used, a creamy texture to be exact.
Slightly heavy on the skin.
But well, if it works, I don't care about how heavy or thick it is. 


#2. Caudalie Beauty Elixir 

My 3rd bottle as of yet.
Simply love this facial mist as it does give you dewy & fresh skin.
I often use this to refresh my makeup, or give a little spritz when my skin is feeling or looking lacklustre.
But yes, the expensive price tag to this bottle is the only reason why I would only use it for important occassions.

Slightly alcohol in nature, but does not strip the skin of its natural oils etc.
Refreshing, and just a wonder product.
It is possibly that kind of product where you absolutely love it, but can't put a finger to it. 


#3. Vitamin Science Vit B Hydrating Serum
http://theperfectmonologue.blogspot.sg/2014/11/first-impressions-vitamin-science.html

You can read my full review on the Vitamin Science range that I tried, 
credits to Luxola SG.

What I love about this serum is that it is super lightweight,
thus perfect for applying under makeup etc.
I love how easily my skin drinks the serum up, leaving it hydrated for the rest of the day.
A perfect serum if your main concern is on hydration.


#4. Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Gold Ultra Restorative Capsule Serum

I have recently been on a serum kick, as mentioned above.
& this was a gift from Elizabeth Arden while I was at one of their events.
I have purchased with my own money, another serum of theirs but have yet to try it.
However, when I first saw this serum in a capsule,
I immediately thought how inappropriate it would be for my skin.
Somehow it brought across the message that it was too strong or potent,
and definitely suited for more aging skin.
But, I decided to give it a go, & now I can't look back..

This serum is unique in the sense that it has a more oily texture to it.
However, the oil is easily absorbed into my skin within 2 minutes,
leaving it smooth, hydrated and just beautiful.
With this serum, I have finally seen a brighter side to my skin.
I have noticed a vast difference, as my skin looks more glowy, fresh & just more radiant.
& I am already on my 2nd set of sample size thanks to my girlfriend Ena,
who knows how much I love this product, & gave hers to me.

Definitely will repurchase this in the full size!
& I must admit, I am loving this serum more than the 2 I mentioned above.


#5. Biotherm Life Plankton Essence

The Biotherm Life Plankton Essence was launched in year 2014,
and I grabbed it while Sephora was doing a promotion,
after hearing other beauty bloggers & friends like Vinna that spoke highly of it.

For me, I didn't mind the cloudiness or milkiness of the formula.
However some people were more wary of the name itself.
Plankton? Life?

I found the product to be decently good, though a little stingy for my skin at the start.
But it was a joy applying it on after my toner, as a pre-serum booster.
A pre-serum booster is something like a toner, but provides better absorption for the products lathered on after.
Therefore, bringing you more efficacy in your skincare regime.
It also acts as a skin treatment that gives hydration to the skin.
All in all, a definite good product that can be added to your skincare regime.


#6. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Instant Oatmeal Mask

I would say that the FAB Instant Repair Oatmeal Mask is one product that I have repurchased time and time again.
& guess what? It is forever sold out in our local Sephoras..
Therefore, I have even ordered it online on websites like beautybay.com especially when there are sales, & just literally stock them up.
(I have 2 instocks now)

This product has been featured time and time again on my blog.
And I love it for how great and affordable it is.
I often use this after my mud masks or clay masks like the Glamglow Youth Mud,
to restore moisture into my dry skin.
It is an easy way to soothe skin, & definitely suitable for all skin types, even dry skin.

It is comparable to Lush's Oatmeal Mask, but however does not have a short expiry date like the Lush ones. & definitely way more affordable for its size.
So if you are looking for a good calming, moisturising, gentle mask, this is the perfect one.


#7. SK-II Facial Treatment Gentle Cleansing Cream

I have gotten this recently in the deluxe sample size,
when I repurchased the Sk-II Facial Treatment Essence.
& I really did like it.
I have always believed in double cleansing, when it comes to removing my makeup.
Therefore, after removing my makeup with wipes, I will then proceed to slather this product on.
It helps to remove any traces of makeup or impurities left,
leaving my skin fresh & clean.

However, I will not repurchase this product as I do not think it is a necessity or must have.
I have however been loving the Clinique's version of the Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm,
as I feel it is stronger and more potent to be used on its own.


#8. Konjac Sponge by the Konjac Sponge Company

Konjac sponges have been the new rave about, after the Clarisonic & Luna was introduced.
Like both of the other mechanical tools, the Konjac sponge is a simplified version.
It originates from Japan, and is made from the root of the Konjac plant.

Introduced in the year 2014, I started trying out the product itself after hearing much good reviews, and coverage by websites and other beauty bloggers.
Feel free to read the article by Refinery 29 here-
http://www.refinery29.com/2014/01/59896/konjac-sponge#slide

Generally what this Konjac sponge does is to give you a better cleanse, than using our own hands.
It dislodges makeup, impurities, blackheads etc more efficiently.
I have since tried 2 kinds, the original & the Pink French Clay (for sensitive skin).
& I would say I like using it on an everyday basis, as it is less harsh on the skin,
as compared to the Clarisonic etc.
As a loyal fan of the Clarisonic, I would not say that this product replaces it.
However, it is a better option when used daily,
while the Clarisonic is used about 3 times a week on my end.


#9. Caudalie Graoe Water Facial Mist
My replacement for the Caudalie Beauty Elixir when it gets too expensive to mist on,
on a daily basis.
With less potency than the beauty elixir, this grape water mist is a good alternative,
if you are looking to add a little hydration to your skin.
I use this once I am out of the shower, and let it dry on its own.
I absolutely love both the product and the nozzle,
as it spritz out product evenly and very finely onto the skin.

Affordable, and decently good.


#10.  Sephora Instant Depuffing Eye Mask
http://theperfectmonologue.blogspot.sg/2015/01/december-beauty-favourites-2014.html

As featured on my December Beauty Favourites,
this product is one of my favourite eye masks.
However, the pricey tag to it means that I only use this product a few times a year.
At $10 for one sheet/session, this product does deliver good results.

It gives you awake, depuffed and refreshed eyes.
& somehow aids in my sleeping process, as once I put it on, I fall asleep almost instantly.
If you are looking for a good eye mask to pamper your tired eyes, this is the best that you can get.


/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I have come to an end of my Empties (II).
And I would like to apologise to my readers, if I have not been updating regularly.
As to be honest, I am going on a different path in life as of now & a few months later.
2015 has started off on a good start, and I might have a new career path soon.
Therefore, I would admit that I have sidetracked.
Do forgive me, and do check back often, as I promise to posts as frequent as I can.

Beauty, skincare, and makeup is my passion, and I will not give it up.
So do follow me on my Instagram (@clarabeltan) as I do post everyday!

Until next time,
xoxo @clarabeltan

No comments:

Post a Comment