Monday, November 17, 2014

The Me Time TAG!!

It's Monday again!!
I know what a dread Monday is to most of us, 
so I decided to do something fun for my Monday blog post!

Essie Button & Amelia Liana have both been my favourite beauty blogger & Youtuber, 
for a very long time. 
& when they created the "Me Time Tag", I knew I had to recreate it into a blog post!

For those who are interested, this is their video!

Essie Button & Amelia Liana

& of course I can't forget my other favourite UK beauty bloggers & Youtubers!

Fleur DeForce's version of the "Me Time Tag".


Beautycrush's version of the "Me Time Tag".


So let's just dive right into it!!

What exactly does "Me Time" mean?
"Me Time" actually just means alone time. 
The time where you are away from everyone, and all you do is unwind, relax,
and simply just spend some time with yourself!


Q1. What do you watch or read during me-time?

Well for me, I am an ultimate beauty junkie & bookworm. 
My me-time would consist of me lying in bed, reading the latest fashion & beauty magazines, 
watching beauty related videos on Youtube, 
or reading a fictional book every once in a while. 
Yes, I am pretty much a book nerd. 

What I've been reading:
#GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso (just got this yesterday!)
The Hunger Games Trilogy- Currently trying to finish "The Mocking Jay" before the movie starts screening in our local cinemas.


Q2. What do you wear during me-time? #nobra

Yes, #nobra. 
When I am at home, the bra goes off. 
It's just not comfortable being in something that binds your chest area, 
and whole of the boobies 24/7. 
Sometimes, you need to set them free. 
Too Much Information (TMI).

I'm not much of a pyjamas person, so I usually choose to wear really cute robes or nighties, 
from brands like Victoria Secret, La Senza or Anne Bra. 
Yes, I admit, I wear them for no one else to see, but myself. 
But why not doll yourself pretty, in pretty & comfy clothes, 
especially since it is me-time!!


Q3. What are your me-time beauty products?

My me-time beauty products changes now & then, 
depending on my mood, 
and also cos of the obscene amount of beauty products I have to finish through.
So my products kind of take turns to pamper me on different days & pamper sessions!

But here are my favourites!!
 Review for this products are below:

SK-II Facial Treatment Essence
Glamglow Thirsty Mud
Tarte Marcuja Oil
First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Instant Oatmeal Mask
Peter Thomas Roth, Rose Stem Cell Mask

Vitamin Science Vitamin B & C serum & emulsion

 Bobbi Brown Eye Cream Extra
I use this on my undereye area before applying makeup to keep the delicate skin around the eye, hydrated & moisturised.
A very thick, creamy formula.
Will review this in detail very soon.


 Caudalie Grapewater Spray
I spray this immediately after cleansing my face.
It is said to increase hydration levels by 127%.
Not sure about the %, but I love how my skin feels hydrated , soft & less irritated after using this.
A cheaper & great alternative to the Caudalie Beauty Elixir.


Margherita Ghel by Superberry.me
Helps skin celles to regenerate. 
Love how this light cream feels on my skin.
Skin feels comfortable, subtly hydrated & less irritated.


Q4. Current favourite nail polish? 

I don't really paint my nails as I often get my nails done with The Stage Look. 
If you have not read about the awesome nail services that The Stage Look, Lynn, provides...
Read about it here!




Q5. What do you eat/drink during me-time? 


For me, this is a pretty easy one. 
Recently I've been obsessed with the LOTTE Pepero Almond Sticks, Chips More Double Chocolate cookies,
& the Heaven & Earth Ayataka drink!!
If the Ayataka is not an available option, I would go for Green Tea Latte or Matcha.


Q6. Current favourite candle?

Almost any candle from Bath & Body Works!!
I am currently burning the Watermelon Lemoncade 3-wick candle.
It is sweet and fruity smelling, but not really suitable for Fall & Winter season. 
But, my Fall candles are still in the US warehouse & have not shipped yet. 
*CAN'T WAIT TO BURN MY FALL CANDLES!*


Q7. Do you ever have outdoor me-time? 

Sometimes, when I bring my dog, Bacon, out for his walks or to dog cafes & grooming sessions.
Sometimes it is good to go for a walk out there & to breathe in some fresh air!
Good exercise too!


Q8. Would you ever go see a movie alone? 

I have never gone to see a movie alone.
And though I usually think why not, if I have 2 hours to spare in between appointments.
But I'd rather just go to a mall and do some retail therapy!!
<3


Q9. Favourite online shop? 

Beautybay.com, Drugstore.com, Beauty.com (for all things beauty & skincare)
ASOS (for fashion)
Taobao.com using 65daigou for all other random stuff!


Q10. Anything to add? What else do you do during me-time? 

During me-time I simply just love to relax. 
It could be a random shopping trip alone in Town, 
or just snuggling under my covers.
I have one big habit though- & that is to book hotel rooms & sleep in them, alone.
Especially when I am feeling down, out & not motivated.

I love the big comfy white sheets & pillows. 
& hot water baths in the tubs.
Room service. 
Cable TV.
So if I ever go MIA for whatever reasons, I'm usually well hidden in a hotel room!


That's all for now.
Share with me what you would do for a pamper "me-time" session!
& play this tag if you'd like!


xoxo, @clarabeltan 


















No comments:

Post a Comment