Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Types of Couples That All of Us HATE..

Happy Hump Day!!
Today's blog post will be on the types of couples, I utterly hate seeing or spending time with.
They could be my friends, family or just random strangers I see on the commute, or malls.
Yes, I have "Been there, done that" in a few of the following examples below.
So here's just a tip of how not to put people off in public, including friends!


#1.  P. D. A


For those of you that do not know what this stands for..
It stands for "Public Display of Affection". 
It could range from the snogging, groping to the "Go get a room!" kind of situations. 
I personally think this is something with a really fine line to define what is appropriate,
and what is not. 
I guess it really depends on the situation, venue, instance, & people around. 

If you make out in a club on a party night, I wouldn't judge. 
It's a party night for a reason, & everyone's kind of in the mood & doing it. 
BUT, do not snog for minutes to hours on hand, & stop with that groping or public fondling.
& yes, GO GET A ROOM!!

P.D.A is common, & I do not hate it or discourage it.
I mean, if you feel like showing your partner (& the world) that you simply love your partner alot,
go ahead. 
But no when to stop, and not to put us people in an awkward situation, especially friends. 
The trick is to do it mildly, never too overwhelming,
& if things get heated, stop whatever you are doing, & go somewhere private. 


#2.  DRAMA MAMA (& PAPA)

I will put it out there first, 
I used to be one of them. 
Yes, one of them, and very guilty of it. 

The Drama Mamas & Papas are just generally the type of couples you see publicising their relationships on all forms of Social Media. 
Simply put- They post their dirty linen for all to see. 
Their fights, arguments, quarrels, "Who cheated on who" kind of story line might somehow be entertaining & intriguing at the start.
But after awhile, it gets boring & irritating!
*Especially if you know both of them.* 

Word spreads like fire on the Internet, 
even if you are not famous or a celebrity to begin with.
Friends or acquaintances on your social media platforms would use you as their gossip material.
& that was what got me to stop.
I used to post my sob stories about relationships & what not on Facebook. 
& every single time I quarreled with my ex, this would go back & forth on our walls.
For common friends of ours, I guess it was entertaining at first, 
but then it got too painful to watch. 

Girls usually fall prey to this bad habit, 
cos we just needed that little bit of affirmation from our friends that we are not the ones at fault.
& C'mon, we all have to admit that it feels pretty good to be sided, 
and have friends on your side to agree that person is a jerk/bitch.
But, let's just take a moment to just analyse this bad habit.
Does it do anything for us?
Does it make the situation better? Or worse?
& Do I really need to put it all out there, on the Internet?

The answer is NO. 
So, if you ever do catch yourself doing something silly like that- STOP.
Take a breather, type it all out, post it if you like (BUT remove it 2 secs later).
Else, you'd be the talk of the town. (the laughing stock kind)


#3.  SUPER GLUE.

This is something I hate, especially if the girl or guy in the relationship is a super good friend.
The Super Glue couple is simply the couple that you will never see apart. 
They are ALWAYS together. 
They live together, some even work together, & they are ALWAYS in the same space, 
breathing the same freaking air. 
The kind of couple whom if you wanna get hold of, call the partner's phone. 
He/She will definitely be there. 

I have almost no issues with couples wanting to spend all their time together. 
BUT, before he/she was in a relationship, he/she was my friend.
& we used to hang out alot. 
So, I'd expect to get to spend time with my best friend, without having his/her's +1, 
all the time!!
I don't usually hate the person's partner, or dislike them even..
Sometimes I am even glad I made a new friend, & of cos' happy that my bestfriend has found someone he/she likes..
But, give me my bro/sis back!!!!


#4.  The Too Perfect Couple

The last one is a couple that we all secretly hate.
Not hate, in a bad way..
But their relationship is so perfect that it makes us think twice about our own.

The guy is good looking, the girl is gorgeous.
They are super happy, & lovey dovey, & never ever quarrel.
If there was anything on their Facebook posts once every now & then, 
ir usually are praises & love declarations or photos to one another.
They are just everything that we all want to experience, and be, while being in a relationship.

BUT, all couples have their problems.
Their problems could be hidden very well beneath the surface, shoved under a rug..
Or they could simply have very good mutual understnading, & tip top communication tricks.
So, don't hate them, but rather, look at them as role models.
Ask them how they achieved whatever they have. 
Hear from them, analyse them, and see if  any of the pointers are worth to carry forward. 

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
I hope you guys enjoyed my short relationship posts on the Types of Couples We All Hate.
It was a random inspiration after sighting some couples, and observing their actions, 
especially in public. 

Till my next relationship post, 
stay positive & happy. 


xoxo, @clarabeltan 










No comments:

Post a Comment