Friday, September 26, 2014

5 Types of Men that You Will Meet in Your Love Life!


Since my previous blogpost "Uh-Oh! Bad Romance? How to Get the Hell Out?!" went up, 
I've gotten a lot of views and positive comments, especially from my friends.
Therefore I decided to do a few more pieces on well, relationships, and generally the opposite sex.
*** If you have not read that post yet, read it here:


Moving on..
As you can tell from the title, here's my version of the 
"5 Types of Men that You Will Meet in Your Love Life!"

*Disclaimer: This are purely my thoughts or the kinds of men that I have met in my life. 
It will not and I do not assume an exact replica for all.
And some men in your life, might just be a combination of 2 or more!


1. The Childhood Sweetheart!
*not much of a Man*


Yes, the childhood sweetheart could be one of your first loves. 
The one in which you think about when you look back at your past, 
reminiscing the younger & more carefree days. 
It usually happens when you were much younger- as a teen, or maybe a young adult. 

Things were simpler back then, and so was the relationship.
Everything was much simpler to understand and express. 
but still filled with the occasional drama, tears, and of course, laughter & happiness!

The one that we first naively thought we wanted to marry, 
though with no clue of how scary, stressful and problematic the real world could be.
A period of innocence, and a phase of discovering ourselves through the help of that special someone.
& probably that particular relationship was the one that showed us how much love we were capable of.

Ahhh... I've always envied friends who married their childhood sweetheart after so many years.
It really tells a lot about the relationship.
The stable foundation- the trials & tribulations that the couples went through together over the years,


There might be some of you who have had more than one. 
Lucky you too!
Cos' you learn much more than the rest, during that innocent phase of love. 
.

However, some "childhood sweetheart" relationships do end.
Some was because of distance- moving away, going to college/army, or just drifting apart.
For whatever reasons. childhood sweethearts have always been difficult for many to forget.


2. The Regret 

Yes, most of us have dated this type of Men.
The ones we look back and ask ourselves, "What was I thinking?!?"

They are not the typical kind of men that we have dated throughout our life. 
Not when we were younger, & definitely not when we were more mature.
They could take a few different forms: The good for nothings, the destructive ones in your life etc.

I myself have met both I mentioned above. 
Yes, BOTH!
I remembered a phase of my life where I consciously ignored my parents' advice,
and went ahead to date them.
& now I could clearly see why my mother advised me against it, 
and how I would give my daughter the same advice.


The good for nothings were the ones that were wasting their youth/life. 
The Rebels are what I call them. 
They mixed with bad company, got in trouble with the law, smoked, partied, drank alcohol 
(mostly underage), 
BUT we hung out with them, cos we thought they were cool, 
and we were therefore absorbing their "coolness" too. 
*admit it.. everyone had those kind of days*

& yes, the destructive ones. 
I have actually been through 2 such relationships in my life. 
Both were well, abusive- mentally, verbally, emotionally & physically. 
The ultimate regret. 
They were the ones who tore your pride, ego, esteem into pieces, 
and made you feel like you were worth nothing. 
You would cry for days, feeling miserable, & if you were lucky, not sink into depression, 
or do anything stupid. 
Sad to say, I still have friends who are in relationships like this at the moment.
Even though they are not in their teens now. 

 They can only treat you that way if you allow them to. 
Unless you love yourself a little more, and value yourself a little more..
Stand up for yourself and for what you are worth! 
You are human too, and someone's little girl.

One should always know that no one can make you feel inferior, unless you allow them to. 


3, The Ultimate Jock/ Jerk

This is one of the most common ones. 
They are also everywhere on our sitcoms, and our drama series. 

The ones with the muscles, the looks.. 
The ones that all girls want & throw themselves at. 

Actually, I haven't dated many of this kind.
A few that are pretty similar to the characteristics, yes maybe..
Probably because, I can't date a guy who cannot hold a decent intellectual conversation with me. 
I guess a relationship is definitely more than just superficial good looks. 

Anyway some characteristics of our Jorks/Jerks!

Firstly, they are good looking. 
Ok, maybe not drop dead hot like Channing Tatum etc, 
Else girl.. 
I will tell you to go for it, even if the relationship lasts a day.
*haha*

Secondly, they are not very well developed in the brains department. 
I mean God is fair, isn't he. 

Thirdly, they are egoistic and overflowing with pride & self righteousness,
and can never stand a girl questioning them about their whereabouts etc. 
& I guess they are usually only with the ones who look good on their arm. 

If you meet this type of men, run at all cost.
Don't waste your time, cos they can't offer you much life lessons or experience from the relationship.
& the relationship will be as shallow as their brains are.

*Though I'm not saying to avoid all muscular & good looking men.
BUT just choose wisely, see how sincere he is, and how much "brains" has God bless him with. 


4. The Mr. (Too) Nice Guy
but maybe just too nice for our liking..
Yes, women all complain that all the nice guys are taken, or are dead.
But well, ladies, here is something for you. 
We just don't like Mr (Too) Nice Guys! 
 Most of them have even been friend-zoned by you. the moment you got acquainted.

500 days of Summer

I, myself have this problem & complaint. 
But I guess the Mr. Nice guys somehow can be a little too overwhelming for us. 
We do love to be pampered and be treated like a princess/queen, 
but not all the time!
We want to be told when we are stepping on your tail, or just being out of line..
And who doesn't love that streak of rebellious attitude/character?

But ladies, if you are really looking for someone to settle down with. 
No nonsense, no lies, no cheating & betrayal..
Maybe it is time to consider the Mr Nice Guys who will treat you right. 


5. The Prince Charming!

Yes, Mr Prince Charming where have you been?
Every single and available ladies are looking for you..




Though I've gone through countless failed attempts at a decent and long-lasting relationship,
I still have hopes that one day I will find my Prince Charming. 

For those who have found yours, my sincerest Congratulations.
To those, like me, who have not..
Persevere, keep your eyes wide open, hearts wide open & you will find him one day.
If you do, remember to grab hold of him tight & never do anything that will take that away.


That's all for now!
Feel free to leave me comments below on the types of issues etc you might want me to write on!

xoxo <3!
@clarabeltan






No comments:

Post a Comment